PDA

View Full Version : Collage footbal National Champion

abunaitoo
01-08-2018, 09:33 PM
I don't get it.
Both Alabama and Georgia got handled by Auburn.
University Central Florida beast Auburn to go undefeated.
How come UCF is not National Champions??????

starmac
01-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Didn't pay off the right folks. lol
Just kidding I have no idea, you just gave out more info than I know about it.

bandsmoyer
01-08-2018, 09:54 PM
They should be!

Jr.
01-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Because it is chosen by a panel and not by record, basically which schools will bring in the fan base, it's all about the money. I haven't liked the college playoff system since I started paying attention to it.

Plate plinker
01-08-2018, 11:27 PM
Not saying they suck because after all they beat auburn, but strength of schedule is far too week. Same as boise state beating a bunch of wimps doesn't cut it. I would even submit there are other teams with a loss which were screwed over. In the end MONEY has ruined major college sports.

starmac
01-09-2018, 12:34 AM
Because it is chosen by a panel and not by record, basically which schools will bring in the fan base, it's all about the money. I haven't liked the college playoff system since I started paying attention to it.

I don't follow college sports, but did not know that,seems very odd that they could get everybody to agree to that. Kinda like kiddysports where there are no winners or losers.

bdicki
01-09-2018, 12:42 AM
Does it really matter?

Stewbaby
01-09-2018, 01:14 AM
As Pink Floyd sang, it’s about money money money [emoji383]

Tom W.
01-09-2018, 01:25 AM
Roll Tide!

DougGuy
01-09-2018, 02:03 AM
That was one helluva good game! So was the Rose Bowl! Better than NFL for sure.

rockrat
01-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Perhaps they should have rankings on college teams, just like high school (1a,2a, ect). That way, each level could have their own championship, i.e., 1A National champs, 2A National champs, ect.

xdmalder
01-09-2018, 11:18 AM
Go back to the old bowl affiliations. Games and the college season was much more interesting then. Now it's watered down.

Electric88
01-09-2018, 11:57 AM
I think if Alabama had played against Auburn the way they did in the second half last night, Auburn may not have won that game. But that's just a guess. There was a total difference in the attitude of the Tide offense in the second half. Not saying Jalen Hurts is bad, but it certainly helped when they started completing passes and moving the ball.

If anything, the playoffs should feature the top 8 teams, not just the top 4. There would be far less of the bickering about who should be in or not.

xdmalder
01-09-2018, 12:20 PM
Actually if you are going to do it right no more at large teams. 10 teams in. Group of 5 and Power 5 champions only. Top two teams get byes. That way conference championships is the first round of playoffs. And no more using ratings having anything to do with preseason ratings. Those ratings skew too much of the season ratings later on. Makes the reagular season still meaningful and you still get your playoffs.

I'm not saying Alabama wasn't the best team in the country. But I don't believe they deserved to be there in the first place.

hanleyfan
01-09-2018, 03:23 PM
if any other team other than alabama had lost at the end of the season and not had not won their conference they would not have been in the playoffs. Its all politics anymore.

Tom W.
01-09-2018, 03:29 PM
Unless it's YOUR favorite team.....

Newboy
01-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Alabama didn’t deserve to be in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MyFlatline
01-09-2018, 04:12 PM
If it is not about the money, then why do Coaches make 10+ million a year in salaries?

PhantomRider64
01-09-2018, 04:14 PM
I for one don't understand how AU went to the SEC Championship with a worse record than Bama.

They came up with the "National Champion" idea because folks can't just play the season and a bowl game with a good enough record. There has got to be "The Best", so they set a bowl game with the two highest records to dictate the "Best" team. And teams still were "Picked" for that.

To make it fair for all the schools in the FBS the season would go till summer!!!

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk