PDA

View Full Version : I'm Still Alive

Hickory
01-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Couple of days ago I had an issue with chest pains.
Went to the hospital, had a bunch of tests. No heart attack.
Got a stint in the LAD wherever that is. Doc was concerned about battery in pacemaker, but decided it could wait.
He said I'd live until I died :| funny guy!
They kicked me out before supper, wife's cooking it now.
I think I'll read a little then go to sleep.

LUCKYDAWG13
01-04-2018, 07:28 PM
there i thought this was about a failed suicide attempt post glad your ok

richhodg66
01-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Glad you're Ok. Take her easy for a while and rest up.

D Crockett
01-04-2018, 08:31 PM
get a good book and read in bead and rest I hope and pray you come out of this ok D Crockett

RogerDat
01-04-2018, 08:33 PM
Good to know your not eating hospital food for dinner. And that while a trip to the hospital with chest pains is no joke "I'm still alive" on a forum revolving around shooting, reloading, then shooting some more can mean a whole lot went wrong at the range but didn't kill me.

01-04-2018, 08:43 PM
Glad to hear it. Glad you're away from the hospital, too. They are dangerous places with all the infectious stuff all around.

sparky45
01-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Glad you got tended to quickly. The LAD term stands for Left Anterior Descending Coronary Artery. Ever hear of the term "Widow Maker"? It's referring to a major blockage at the beginning of the LAD and is usually a fatal heart attack. AGAIN, glad you got taken care of quickly. Following a Stent and Dr's orders you will be around for quite awhile into the future.:drinks:

Houndog
01-04-2018, 08:55 PM
Been there, done that, got the t shirt X5 and a zipper the last time. Take it easy for now and when the doc says it's ok START WALKING!!!!!!!!! Use a pulse monitor and when your pulse gets to 100 stop and rest till it returns to normal and do it again. DON'T SMOKE and if you had clotting problems, an 81MG aspirin and a single shot of the good stuff (NO MORE) once a day does wonders for it.

lightman
01-04-2018, 10:29 PM
Glad your ok Brother. Chest pains are no joke. Take it easy for a while and take care!

nvbirdman
01-04-2018, 11:58 PM
Just remember, the first step to a long life is waking up every morning.

Der Gebirgsjager
01-05-2018, 12:00 AM
Sincerest congratulations on still being with us. Every day is a gift, something to be grateful for. A new chance to "get it right." I'm still working on that last part.:D

woodbutcher
01-05-2018, 12:24 AM
[smilie=s: BTDT June 18 2008.Triple BP at UT Knoxville.Thank you Dr Thomas Gaines.
If he knew what I did for rehab he would have had skid marks in his drawers:shock:.Hehehe.Driving at the end of the first week home.At the end of 2nd week home,back to cutting,hauling,busting and stacking my firewood,and still doing pretty darn good.Wishing you the best for a speedy and full recovery.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

Mr_Sheesh
01-05-2018, 02:30 AM
On the top side of the dirt is THE way to start every day - Congrats & keep it up! :)

Goatwhiskers
01-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Actually the secret to a long life is to always remember to inhale right after you exhale. Repeat. GW

popper
01-06-2018, 11:50 PM
Glad you are good. Widow maker (other than the aircraft) is a abdominal anularism? No wife says it's the silent killer. Green side of the ground is the side you wake to each day. Doc gives my batt 7 years, get a carotid chec this month.

OS OK
01-07-2018, 09:49 AM
Glad you are good. Widow maker (other than the aircraft) is a abdominal anularism? No wife says it's the silent killer. Green side of the ground is the side you wake to each day. Doc gives my batt 7 years, get a carotid chec this month.

Now...why can't they make flashlight batteries like that? Or, just make them so that they don't puke when the go dead?

Seriously though...glad your still with us...I hope that you got a Doctor that could speak English!

popper
01-07-2018, 06:11 PM
No batt. door on me, they just peel tha skin back and change the entire unit. You get a remote batt. check every 3 mo.
New Poll - red or green jello? Actually had a good nurse on the ward that told me where the fridge with the choc. pudding was.