PDA

View Full Version : wtb pro 1000 part

turtlezx
12-30-2017, 04:08 PM
Iam in need of a larger case feeder

thanx turtlezx

louism
12-30-2017, 04:47 PM
Lee will provide it for the cost of shipping.

turtlezx
12-30-2017, 08:18 PM
thank for the info!!!
the feeder was $8.00 was only charged shipping $6.00 added in the Z bar $2.00 bumped the shipping cost to $6.44 total NICE!!!
wonder if you you could get all the parts for a press with just shipping cost??

Honcho
01-05-2018, 03:31 PM
thank for the info!!!
the feeder was $8.00 was only charged shipping $6.00 added in the Z bar $2.00 bumped the shipping cost to $6.44 total NICE!!!
wonder if you you could get all the parts for a press with just shipping cost??

No, doesn't work like that! That's not all, any of their presses that are older than their current models, they no longer have parts for, either, worse luck-- I bought a Lee Pro 1000 press on line, that was missing a lot of parts, that I figured I'd b able to put together and make a working press, since I have a lot of spare parts. Well this press I bought was missing the hexagonal front post/column, and I figured no big deal, ordered it in from Lee, but the one they sent is from their current model, and it is different from the older one, can't be used. So now I have spent money on a useless press, worse luck, I've been searching the 'Net or a month, and no one seems to have the front column/post I need! Looks like I shot myself in the foot!

louism
01-05-2018, 07:15 PM
How is it different? This must be the one next to the opperating lever.
It is the shorter of the three.

Honcho
01-06-2018, 10:26 PM
Yup, that's the Column/Post-- (Lee part #TP 2106), the older Lee press I have has a hexagonal shaft that has a 5/16" male thread on the bottom, and a 5/16" female thread at the top, with a square milled into the shaft just below the turret ring. There is an aluminum part with a square hole in it that fits over the square on the shaft, and the long end of the "Z" Bar fits into a hole in the end of the aluminum piece, just over the Z bar spring. The other, shorter end of the Z Bar hooks into the end of the Case Slider.
The new Lee Front Column is round, smaller diameter, and has a 1/4"-20 male thread on the lower end, and is longer than the older style Hex shaft. I ordered this in only to find I can't use it.
When I called Lee, they said the older Hex shaft is no longer available, and they will sell me a whole new press for half their (list, retail) price-- I don't need another press, even at that price, all I need is the hex column/post.

louism
01-06-2018, 10:48 PM
I did just look and they have changed their design a little. I have 6 of them and I have taken them all apart several times so This is how all of mine are set up. The frontpost can be either round or hex depending on age. The square portion at the top is a separate part. I have actually made one out of square stock for one I built from parts. Maybe you could cut the threads off of the end, drill and tap for the correct thread and insert a stud.

Honcho
01-06-2018, 11:58 PM
Hey, LouisM,
Yeah, I thought about trying to alter the column/post Lee sent me, the new ones have a 1/4-20 thread at the base, and are longer than the hex shaft ones, I thought about cutting the 1/4" threads off the bottom, and lathe cutting the lower shaft down to 5/16", then threading that to screw into the base. Don't know if the new shaft is long enough to pull that off, will have to disassemble my complete Pro 1000 and take some measurements of the hex shaft. Is the Turret Ring height from the base on the older models any different from the newer ones, with the round shaft? If the height is different, the "Z Bar" won't operate the Case Slider correctly, although I noticed on some of my Case Sliders there are 2 holes for the short leg of the Z Bar--
Thanks for the reply,
Fred (Honcho)

slim1836
01-07-2018, 01:05 AM
Is this the part?
https://leeprecision.com/tp-column-rnd.html
If so, it's still available.

Slim

louism
01-07-2018, 09:05 AM
I do not have the newest model as shown on their site. All of mine are the cast red base and yes that column is the same length on all of them.

The part refered above is for the turret press and is longer as all 3 posts are the same. I guess it could be cut and machined to match.

hollywood63
01-07-2018, 10:35 AM
I might have what your looking for. Send a length of the piece needed

Honcho
01-11-2018, 01:51 AM
Hey, Slim1836,
That's the same part that Lee sent me, but it's not compatible with my older Lee press using the hex shaft column. The threads at the base on my older one are 5/16", and the threads on the new, round post are 1/4"-20. I may be able to machine the shaft down on the bottom end, and thread it with the 5/16" thread, if the shaft is long enough, but I don't have one of the newer Pro 1000s to see if they have changed the length of the height of the turret ring. The Lee brochure doesn't give the dimensions.
LouisM, that part, #TP 2106 is the part number off of my older Lee press/parts brochure, and must be the same part number for the regular 4 Hole Turret press, AND the new Pro 1000 press column. They sent me a new parts list for their current press, and it seems to be the same part number.
I thought about using a piece of 5/16" threaded rod, with a rod coupling on the top, but the problem is the square insert for the "Z Bar" on the new part is !/4"-20 thread, and you would need a thread bushing from 1/4" to 5/16", to fit the rod coupling thread. Nobody makes that, to my knowledge. I have a drill press, and could try drilling and tapping the 5/16" threaded rod, with a !/4" hole, but don't know if it would be able to handle the stress. ****ed if I ain't between a rock and a hard spot!

Honcho
01-24-2018, 01:13 PM
Good news! Thanks to the kindness of a Forum member, who sent me the part I needed, I was able to get that Pro 1000 back together, and on line!
Thanks to all who tried to help!
Fred (Honcho)