PDA

View Full Version : WTB cheap press in early January

Mr_Sheesh
12-28-2017, 04:05 AM
In the past I'd used the Lee "Hammer on it" deprimers (same as in the Classic sets) to deprime. They're a bit noisy... My rig keeps things pretty clean, primers fall into the container:

In this Apartment Complex, tho, can't really do that at midnight, which (currently) seems to be THE time available to do this; So, I am thinking of getting a cheap press, then using that press with a universal deprimer die, to pop primers out. Looked at a few other options but all seem less robust. I'll probably mount the press upside down or on its' side to keep the press clean, less maintenance needed is good.

And my budget is SPENT till the 2nd or 3rd, so I'm putting this up now, but (unless you can handle bitcoin or the like) I'll have to pay you then, I certainly don't insist on you sending it till it's paid for - Just being clear up front that this is not a "TODAY" thing, it's for a fairly soon time though.

If anyone has a press (can be anything that'll do that, I can deal with a little rust or minor repairs that can be done with basic hand tools o'course, but I am not set up here to fix something that's sat in the local lake for 40 years :P) at a reasonably low price, bug me. My other option would be to get a new press, which would be more costly I'd think. And this application doesn't need new.

I can fake it with the lee hand press for a while, but don't think it's "the" answer, really, though.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-28-2017, 11:58 AM
I have deleted several posts.
We don't allow general discussion in the Swappin & Sellin area.

S&S Rules & Definitons
By using this area you agree Castboolits, Gunloads, The Owners, Webmaster(s), or Staff assumes no responsibility for the outcome related to any and all transactions which may originate on this site. This section is NOT a discussion area. If your post is not in accordance with the below rules it will be deleted, no warning or explanation will be given.
...MORE at link
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?335525-S-amp-S-Rules-amp-Definitons&p=4057211#post4057211

Please use the proper forum for discussions like what was in this thread,
Here is a good discussion on this topic.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?307832-Lee-hand-press-for-depriming

Thanks,
Jon

owejia
12-28-2017, 04:48 PM
PM sent Mr. Sheesh

Mr_Sheesh
12-28-2017, 05:04 PM
TY all, looks like I have a better answer than I thought possible. But - having all the comments nerfed made it hard to find this to say so!