PDA

View Full Version : Did you get what you wanted for Christmas?????

abunaitoo
12-27-2017, 10:33 PM
Every year so far, I haven't gotten what I wished for.
1) I'm still short.:cry:
2) I'm still not rich.:cry:
3) Dems are still in power here.:mad:
I'm beginning to think Santa is not hearing me.[smilie=s:
Hope ya'll got what you wished for. :bigsmyl2:

Minerat
12-27-2017, 10:47 PM
Me too,

I asked to be 30 years younger, have brown hair again and be ruler of the world.

He ignored me too.

But he did bring a new Ruger 22 Stainless Hunter the one on the right.

https://www.ruger.com/products/markIVHunter/models.html

So I'm lucky at that.

country gent
12-27-2017, 11:52 PM
Here we go I got exactly what I wanted. I got to see my 2 grandsons open their present and the ear to ear smiles on each of their faces. ( 6 years old and 3 years old, the newest is 3 months old so it didn't make a lot to him). I got to be "Grandpa" opening and putting together some toys even.

Plate plinker
12-28-2017, 12:47 AM
No complaints here. Guns and gun stuff keeps on coming in regularly. Bought a used snowmobile for family fun in the yard. So yeah its going okay for us.

Rufus Krile
12-28-2017, 01:42 AM
Santa misunderstood me.... I ended up unwrapping a 12" piano player. Other than that, I got a miserable cold from my 15 month-old grandson which made it much better.

wildwilly
12-28-2017, 01:45 AM
WELL....not really. My pickup (F-250 diesel) quit two miles from home. Triple A towed me home. Discovered that the fuel selector valve took a dump. OEM part from the dealership cost me a large part of the funds I'd been saving for a new barrel for my Rem 700. What's left goes to pay for prime rib dinner for my son-in-law and family in gratitude for replacing it for me. Merry Christmas, anyway.

Mr_Sheesh
12-28-2017, 01:49 AM
Nopers.

No nice brunette or redhead; No ton of lead, no Cessna 182, no car mini rack full of Yaesu HAM gear, so nope.

No Anthracite though, so there's that.

Maybe next year!

lightman
12-28-2017, 06:50 AM
Christmas at our house is all about the kids and grandkids. I got to watch them open gifts, we had a nice meal and had a nice visit afterwards. I even got down on the floor and wrestled with them a little!

Electric88
12-28-2017, 07:08 AM
Yep! My wife was in the hospital with pneumonia (She's also pregnant), so all I wanted was her home safe and getting better, and a good report on the baby. Got both, I can't ask for more!

bensonwe
12-28-2017, 08:09 AM
Had a good christmas with family. After missing a flight and ariving at my brothers home a day late, things got better. Got to see nieces and nefews, newest one is 2 weeks. (he's already shooting better than me). Had good conversations and food. Played cards with all and I laughed so hard my ribs still hurt. Yes, I did get what I wanted for Christmas.

458mag
12-28-2017, 08:59 AM
I reckon I did!!! My first Grandbaby daughter on the 19th of dec. Preacius and healthy. Gonna spoil her rotton.

shaper
12-28-2017, 09:24 AM
We went to our daughters for the present opening and big dinner. The wife was able to get around with a walker , something she hasn't been able to do for a long time. We have great son n laws. both daughters found their husbands in church. I have no complaint with either of them. the one that lives closest gave me a great present. Don't want to tell the world what it is but, I will be buying reloading equipment for 410 shotgun shells and 45 long Colt at the same time.
Life is good on the farm.

popper
12-28-2017, 11:12 AM
I even got down on the floor and wrestled with them a little!
Enjoy those days, they won't last long.

mold maker
12-28-2017, 11:32 AM
My wish list was short and it was all there. That's the advantage of age. 23 of the family all eating their fill and laughing together was a blast. Christmas day with the children and again a full stomach made celebrating Christs Birth a joyous ocassion. I even took a couple odds and ends from the mailbox to the loading room. What else could an old man ask for?

guywitha3006
12-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Well, no new pickup truck from Santa, but I can't complain. I made my two year old a train table from Santa and he was beyond thrilled with it. He laughs and plays on it for an hour or two at a time. My youngest has decided to stay in the oven so far (due January 17, but mom and doc think anything after Christmas good). Oh and my wife got me 500 pieces of new Starline 44 mag brass...so I would have something to load when she has the baby.

possom813
12-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Santa misunderstood me.... I ended up unwrapping a 12" piano player. Other than that, I got a miserable cold from my 15 month-old grandson which made it much better.

You gotta enunciate when sitting on Santa's lap...I heard he's got selective hearing ;)

I did get everything I wanted, another year on the right side of the dirt for us. Spent time with my brothers, we don't get to do that so much any more.

Blessed that everyone that was here last year was here this year.

And swmbo picked up a nice Xd9 for me and the kids got me new slippers and a box of baseball cards.

StolzerandSons
12-28-2017, 03:35 PM
Santa brought me a Flu bug that had me in the bathroom at 1am Christmas morning. So I spent my entire Christmas day either in the bathroom vacating stuff from my body or sleeping in my chair with the alternating sweats and chills. My wife came home from work Christmas morning with a nasty head cold so we didn't even get to go see the kids/grandkids/great-grandkid in the next town over because we didn't want them catching what we had.

So no we really didn't get what we wanted for Christmas but we both feel better now and the gifts we gave each other were nice so it wasn't all bad. We got to be miserable together.

Shopdog
12-28-2017, 04:20 PM
Pretty much.Gave one son an '06 M77.The next got a 6" wood jointer.Nuther one I gave some(a lot)of building materials and a 6' step ladder.The last got a nice recurve.

Want to see them happy...they all were so grateful.They all have homes and families.It was the 1st Christmas the whole crew wasn't here and,it's OK.Wife and I get to visit and they all enjoy us coming.It was a great Christmas!

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-28-2017, 04:25 PM
Santa was good to me, I got a new set of snow tires on the car.

RED BEAR
12-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Santa was very good to me watched 7 grand kids open presents and play. Got 3 new pistols plus 1000 ends brass for each and bullet mold for each. Santa is welcome to move in with me. After years of scraping by and trying to pay bills and medical cost. Last year was a good one for change. Now if it would warm up enough to go to the range things would be bout perfect.

dale2242
12-29-2017, 08:42 AM
Santa brought me a Lyman Cyclone Rotary Tumbler.
If you have never used the wet method of tumbling using stainless steel pins, you are missing the best method of cleaning brass ever.
This tumbler will hold 1000 223/5.56 brass, but it says to fill it half full (500) and it works faster. Punch the primers first. I use the Lee universal deprimer.
The brass is clean inside and out including the primer pockets.
I pick up most of my supply, and then some, of brass at outdoor shooting spots so they can be quite dirty when I find them. No worries. Toss them in the drum, cover them with water, add 1/2 tsp of citric acid and a few drops of Dawn dish soap and turn it on. It has an automatic shut off timer that will let you run it for up to 3 hrs.
The brass comes out cleaner than new.
Rinse a few times with clear water and dry.
BTW, the kit comes with 2 separators that will separate the brass from the pins...dale

6bg6ga
12-29-2017, 08:45 AM
All I wanted was a good meal with family. Anyway the meal was good I made it. That didn't sound quite right. The day was good no fights everyone had a good time and enjoyed the day like it is supposed to be enjoyed.

bedbugbilly
12-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Let's see . . . both my wife and I are reasonably healthy for our ages, the day was a beautiful, we took our annual "sticky buns" that we bake during the Christmas season to friends and neighbors so they could have them and we were able to gather with some neighbors at our house and have a good meal together and a nice visit. Yep . . it was a nice Christmas and we couldn't have asked for more!

Isaac
12-29-2017, 12:34 PM
It is amazing how our wants and desires change as we become older. My wife and I are fortunate to be able to provide much of what we need/want throughout the year. We do enjoy opening gifts on Christmas morning. By our own choice there are not as many as in previous years, just meaningful.

Like many of you, we enjoy watching the grandchildren as well as spending the day at my daughters home watching Christmas movies and football with a fire crackling in the fireplace.

Isaac

Reverend Al
12-29-2017, 01:12 PM
A wonderful visit with my wife's extended family out here in Manitoba. This year's family gathering was 20+ ...

Tenbender
12-29-2017, 01:18 PM
I got a Mag 25 ? Had to buy it myself. Where's Santa when you need him ?

Geezer in NH
12-29-2017, 06:29 PM
I do not want presents. I buy my wants for my self. I grew up long ago.

Anyone wants stuff they need to do the same. However I do get something for the wife that I want to give her and something for my son. All of us like that.

This got to give is NOT what it is about but a perversion of it.

Hickory
12-29-2017, 06:33 PM
I'm alive and I have a wonderful wife what more can I ask for?

Geezer in NH
12-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Mines fine too. But dependent on Christmas gifts not. We are way beyond that. Have a nice one.

472x1B/A
12-29-2017, 09:42 PM
I'm alive and I have a wonderful wife what more can I ask for?

I am the same way. Thank you Hickory.

bob208
12-29-2017, 10:10 PM
a peaceful day and good health for the wife and I.

mold maker
12-30-2017, 11:25 AM
Back in 1970, my wife and I started a tradition. I gave her a dishwasher and she gave me a shotgun. Been doing it that way ever since.
This year she got a coat and jewelry, and I was given socks and primers.
We both get what we really want/need and never have to return unwanted stuff.
As for the family, I shop at the bank. It may be a bit impersonal , but no one returns what I give, and it's easy to wrap.

eric123
01-01-2018, 05:35 PM
I got shingles for Christmas...It was not what I wanted...
I bought the girlfriend a SCCY for Christmas, a nice little pistol. I got a motorcycle rain suit. Badly needed as we ride about 10,000 miles a year...