PDA

View Full Version : Remington #11 Cap Problem

Eddie2002
12-26-2017, 08:31 PM
This isn't a real big deal but I've noticed some problems with some older Remington #11 caps which came with a front stuffer I picked up last year. It seem that the caps have an irregular mouth on them and get stuck and jamb in all the cappers I have tried them in. I was just about ready to go nuts till I ran some CCI caps in the inline capper with no problems.
I don't know if the Remington caps are even available anymore but was wondering if anybody remembers having problems with them. I'm planning to use the Remington caps at the range for fun shooting and use CCI for the inline capper. Just something else strange I've come across. ;)

waarp8nt
12-27-2017, 08:23 AM
I personally have never had issues with them, but was advised by an old timer many years ago to stay away from Remington Caps, so I did. If memory serves me correctly, believe his complaint was irregular ignition.

dondiego
12-27-2017, 12:20 PM
I have had issues with older Remington #11's not working well in an inline capper. Just thought it was me. Will have to reassess with CCI's.

Eddie2002
12-27-2017, 05:41 PM
The don't want to work in any of my inline cappers, they jamb in the slide. I've dry fired a few of them and they sound very healthy, even a little louder than CCI caps. thanks for the replies.

quail4jake
12-27-2017, 06:30 PM
Remington caps are infamous failures in multiple areas including irregular size and unreliable ignition. Go to RWS 1075 caps and try a Treso AMPCO bronze nipple, you may find that a lot of troubles go away!:bigsmyl2: