PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, a ****ed mess is...

chutestrate
12-18-2017, 01:20 PM
Trying to use a new bottle of Alox that cracks, then trying to transfer the contents to an almost empty bottle. Trying to contain the contents from spilling out the crack, pour the contents into the other bottle, and just trying not to be my clumsy self. All worked out in the end with a lot of choice words, and spillage that was easy to clean up.

Retumbo
12-18-2017, 01:28 PM
I like the smell of it so much, i would have rolled around in the spilled portion ;)

skeettx
12-18-2017, 01:34 PM
He he he, I get a mental picture of that, well said!!!
:)

DerekP Houston
12-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Feel your pain here brother, I found a cracked bottle on my shelf had leaked....was a devil cleaning up that dried on goop. I think I have a lifetime supply of alox from all the push through sizers I bought, I don't mind the smoke but a little sure goes a long way.

Soundguy
12-18-2017, 03:18 PM
i found a cracked, not leaking bottle once. slipped duct tape on it, inverted it over another bottle, allowed to drain for an hour. figuring it lost a little solvent, add some naptha to the 'empty' and got the last dregs solvated and dumped into the new bottle.

still coated and shot fine.

Walter Laich
12-18-2017, 07:45 PM
on a side note: have some Bullplate sprue oil what a mouse/rat/squirrel gnawed a hole in the upper part. have to be careful when I tip it over to get a drop or two.

acoop101
12-20-2017, 03:47 PM
Just switched to powder coating and will probably never look back.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

chutestrate
12-21-2017, 10:00 AM
I'm powder coating as well. Was shown the ropes by a member here. I'm on the fence about it. It's just another way to do it.