PDA

View Full Version : Showing a new reloader the ropes

Bookworm
11-26-2017, 11:02 AM
A few weeks ago, I posted on the Boolit Exchange, looking for some boolits suitable for .45 Colt. A friend of mine was(is) interested in learning to reload, but wife/kids/money....well, you know.

Several forum members responded, and yesterday my friend came over to dip his toe in the waters.

Loading up the first 6, to try -

Shoot 'em ! You loaded them, it's your revolver, you shoot them.

First six - I think the "first reloads butterflies" got to him. By the third or 4th shot he realized it wasn't going to blow up, and did better.

He left here with about 40 loaded shells, a single-stage press, dies, a scale, a pound of Red Dot, a box of various projectiles, and some copied load data. With a minor additional investment for a few other things - a scoop set, a Lyman book, he will have everything he needs to continue.

A minion of George One-dollar Bill set him up, with help from the community here. Many thanks.

I don't know if he will ever get into casting, but will be shooting cast.

I think we have another on our hands.

reddog81
11-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Nice! Sounds like a good time.

45 Colt is a great round to start on. Factory rounds aren't cheap and reloading it is easy.

bbogue1
11-26-2017, 11:18 AM
This combined effort makes me smile and chuckle.

JSnover
11-26-2017, 11:55 AM
The poor guy will never be the same after this.
Nice work :drinks:

robg
11-26-2017, 03:25 PM
Always get a buzz after starting someone reloading . more the better.

MyFlatline
11-26-2017, 05:53 PM
It must be in the air. My youngest Nephew called yesterday saying he wants to get into reloading. I've sent him a list of what extra's I have and what he needs. But told him to first get the ABC's of reloading and do some reading. He's 4 hours away but I will make it happen if he continues to be serious. Maybe there is hope for some of the ME generation.