PDA

View Full Version : Suffering frustration

DLCTEX
08-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Yesterday I finally picked up the guns my son shipped to me, but got home about dark, so too late to do anything but try a round in the Raging Hornet to see if hearing protection is totally necessary. IT IS! Today the rain just keeps coming, so I can't get out to try the guns. The Tarus Raging Hornet, Ruger 77/22 in 22 Hornet, and Marlin 30 AW in 30-30. To top off the frustration, my dies for the hornet won't be in until sometime this week, so here I sit with a pile of Bator boolits and am unable to even load some test rounds. 30-30 rounds are loaded and waiting. West Texans never complain about rain, so I'll take it, but I am squirming in my chair with impatience. I don't feel too sorry for myself, I've had worse problems. DALE

James C. Snodgrass
08-17-2008, 04:41 PM
It takes a bigger man than me to sit with loaded shells and a new gun and not to shoot it . I mean I hate to get my guns wet but that's what gun oil and patchs are for . I mean if it ain't dark I just gotta taste test em. Good luck James[smilie=1:

crabo
08-17-2008, 06:05 PM
I once had a TC 6.5 TCU that I had just bought and I wanted to shoot it really bad. I had all of these rounds loaded up, but it was night and it was raining. I went out out and stood under the patio cover fondeling my new gun. The next time the lightning flashed, I waited a couple of seconds and touched it off into the ground.

I bet the neighbors thought that lightning strike was really close.

copdills
08-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Have Mercy , I know the feeling LOL

Johnch
08-17-2008, 08:31 PM
LOL I know the feeling

A few years back I put togeather a AR 15
Finished it at 10:30 PM or a little later

Not wanting to wait till the morning
I loaded a 20 rnd mag and went out in the back yard to kill some grass
Just to see if it worked

Dumped 20 rounds into the ground pretty quick ( I live out in the country )

A few min after I walked back in the door
The phone rang
The neibor was calling

All he wanted to know
Was the problem solved , or did I need help ?

There had been a rash of break in's localy and he figured I had solved the break in problem

John

DLCTEX
08-17-2008, 08:39 PM
I caught a lull in the rain and went to an oil well location up the road on my BIL's place and found the Ruger was hitting about 18 inches high at 75 yds. I dialed it down( no clicks on the Leupold) until it was hitting golfball sized rocks in a cutbank. Tried a few rounds with the Tarus, it needs a scope, my aging eyes won't handle 75 yds with open sight. The Marlin was right on, hitting small rocks with monotony at that range. Driving out the Ruger drew it's first blood on two prarie dogs at about 150 yds. The rain started again, but I am less frustrated. Now to wring out some cast loads. DALE

PatMarlin
08-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Dale-

I like those Raging Bulls. I've got a 454 with the Barrel that stretches from here to New York. I would love to have one of those Hornets.

Ricochet
08-18-2008, 10:03 AM
...so too late to do anything but try a round in the Raging Hornet to see if hearing protection is totally necessary. IT IS!
Oh yeah, a Hornet makes a pretty loud crack!