PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' back in th' saddle

Jim
08-17-2008, 08:06 AM
I finally got my bench put back together. I've got one box left to open, unpack and sort. Then I can start the tedious task of putting all this stuf away.
I went to Lowe's yesterday and bought two of those high intensity flourescent bulbs for the shop. I'll have to turn them off when the space shuttle comes over 'cause they might mistake my house for the runway.
Now, I've got 8 million boxes to move from one side of the garage to the other so I can find the hurricane shutters that are buried behind them. If Fay turns north, I just might have to take Tuesday off to put up shutters. Oh, joy.

Buckshot
08-18-2008, 12:06 AM
...........Putting stuff away can be a real mind bender when you go to look for something. At least it is to me because EVERYTHING has been just handled and put someplace. Trying to recall where one special something is gets all cluttered up with where all the something elses is (are?).

...............Buckshot

Le Loup Solitaire
08-18-2008, 12:15 AM
After a lifetime of moving, packing and unpacking, and the inroads of the advancing years, the only formula that seems to work for me is....If you want to find something then start by looking for something else.

xyrth
08-19-2008, 06:18 PM
normally the one thing i'm looking for when i unpack my boxes is the one thing i end up losing in my move. i think my brain knows i've lost it, and kicks into search mode.

9.3X62AL
08-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Good grief, you guys are all describing Life With CZ succinctly. Most of the house stuff (mostly useless) is all ensconced where SWMBO has directed, leaving much of the garage and shop to sort through and construct. I got a lot done today, since the temps moderated and I could spend more than 20 minutes at a time out there. It will be SO NICE when all that stuff is out of the boxes and stored correctly. I'll take 10 spinal taps before I'd do another move for a while.

PatMarlin
08-19-2008, 11:57 PM
What's really bad is moving from a home and shop with storage, to a new one with no shop or storage. 9 years later, and haven't got it straightened out yet...:roll:

big dale
08-23-2008, 05:05 PM
I am still trying to find the box with all of the iron bullet molds from when I moved into this house 15 years ago. I found the whisky box full of the old Lee molds, but I would still like to cast some from that old H&G #68 and the old Lyman 41 cal molds that I bought back in the mid 1960's. Somehow that Lee 66 grain 44 bullet mold never was as much fun to use as the old #68.

Big Dale

Jim
08-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Makin' a little headway. A friend of mine gave me a shop built sheetmetal cabinet. 6 ft. high, 3 ft. wide and 16 in. deep. Lots of shelves and two full length doors. Plenty of room for brass, boolits, primers, powder, dies, misc. tools, parts and pieces.
Found some nice plastic containers at Wally World. Quart and half gallon sizes, clear, 5 in. square and screw top lids. Brass and boolits will go in these. The presses and the hydraulic sizing press are on the bench.
Installed 300 watts of high intensity lighting over the work area and got the window unit in. AC, baby!:-D
Makin' a little headway, comin' together.

:Fire:-----------------------------------------------------------------------X-----o

GOPHER SLAYER
08-24-2008, 06:09 PM
I have seen Buckshot's shop and I don't ever see him getting it in shape.I must admit though he stands a better chance than I do with mine. I just mounted my fourth loading press and it is still not enough.I have one more in reserve. You live in a lovley town. I have spent some time in Charleston because our son went to The Citadel for four years. I do love South Carolina.