PDA

View Full Version : Custom Concepts pistola

colbyjack
08-17-2008, 02:18 AM
well went up to joes site member Pappaj today. we tinkered with my 625, getting it ready for the IL IPSC sectional. we polished up on the trigger surfaces. tuned the action a touch, and desided to make it my own. i wanted the JM gone and JR for jerry rigged on it. but that didnt work out so we gun koted it black and polished the cylinder. it looks very nice, the action is smooth and the DA pull is around 5 pounds 3oz. going to go make sure its sited in this week and run it in a match sunday the 24th. if all goes to plan shes ready to rock and the IL sectional is the 31st. getting excited to shoot already. heres a couple pics.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/hawgz/625redone003.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/hawgz/625redone005.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/hawgz/625redone007.jpg

-chris

Southern Son
08-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Colbyjack, that is a SWEET lookin S&W. I don't know if I like the Cylinder Release being that long (I have never seen that on a revolver over here), but I have always liked the 625. I wish I still had my 681 at work, the Glock is good, but there is something special about a good wheel gun.

timkelley
08-17-2008, 09:18 AM
If it will shoot half as good as it looks the winning is all up to you.

colbyjack
08-17-2008, 10:51 AM
the release is big for the run and gun shooting. it really helps to speed up the reloads. i figured if i shave 1/2 a second off every reload that could add up to 15/20 seconds in a steel challenge match. i push it with my thumb flick the cylinder open with my middle finger, flip up it dumps and by that time im ready with a new moon clip. shove it in close and ready to roll. im getting hooked on the wheel guns. -chris

bobk
08-17-2008, 11:04 AM
colbyjack,
Beautiful gun! I'd run some loads across the chronograph (not INTO, as I sometimes do!) to check for extreme spread. That's a light pull, and even with the lightened hammer I'd wonder if you might be getting near misfire territory. Before you get actual misfires, the extreme spread goes wild. Not good to have them run a power check on your ammo and show up a real softball load due to velocity variation.
Bob K

colbyjack
08-17-2008, 11:10 AM
i ran a couple 10 string runs the other day when it was a touch heavier. thinking 5 lb something but close to 6 pounds. my 10 shot averages were 835fps, using a 200 gr SWC and 4.3 gr of clays, i have to use federal 150 primers. i think that power factor is 167 and major is 165 for IPSC so i should be good. ill run a nother string to see if it changed, yeah dont want to not pop em or have a FTF. -chris

Echo
08-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Colbyjack, I notice you have a grooved trigger on that beautiful gun. I like smooth triggers on my wheel guns - does the grooved trigger do something for you? If so, what? Anchor your finger on the trigger? Have you tried smooth triggers?

colbyjack
08-17-2008, 05:16 PM
the trigger is the stock trigger that comes on the jerry mikulek model. he prefers the serrated trigger. it was so sharp when i got it. 3 moon clips and i was ready to quit. it actually hurt, either he has a calus the size of a grape on his trigger finger or hes more of a man then me. i took the dremel tool and tamed it down a touch. i shoot IPSC and PPC with it. it dont make a difference in PPC but i think it helps me in IPSC. i can run and gun switch hands be sweatty in the rain what not and its never been to slick. so i guess its all ive tried but from that view im going to keep the serrated trigger. now im not opposed to trying a smooth trigger come winter for practice and indoor PPC. but in this instance its just what it came with.

now the grips im hoping will help me out when i go prone. the bottom is big and flat. the main reason was it fits my meat hook perfect. it also has the sights lined up and level for me. a big plus on the grips. -chris