PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Tennessee Mountain Rifle

waarp8nt
11-20-2017, 06:16 PM
Just an FYI. I received the latest flyer from Dixie Gunworks "Holiday Treasures" and apparently they "Just uncovered from our warehouse" some NIB Tennessee Mountain rifles. So, if you missed out in 1978, here is your chance for a NIB "low serial number" rifle.

I know lots of folks were exited about the Lymans at Midway, so I thought I would pass it on.

rancher1913
11-20-2017, 09:11 PM
do you have a link, the web site does not show them.

mooman76
11-21-2017, 12:24 AM
Are they at 1978 prices too?:bigsmyl2:

JohnCWF
11-21-2017, 07:44 PM
I haven't seen the ad. But have been told both 32 and 50 available for $895.00 each...

I'm tempted.

waarp8nt
11-21-2017, 08:33 PM
Are they at 1978 prices too?:bigsmyl2: Cannot say for sure. I was either 7 or 8 depending on the time of year, but I had shot my first muzzleloader by then...;)

do you have a link, the web site does not show them.Sorry I do not have a link...

I've been trying to upload a picture of the ad, but for whatever reason I cannot get it to go...I will try to upload it tomorrow while in town. Signal out in the country where I'm located can be temperamental at times. Here are the part numbers and prices.

FF1220A is a .50 cal flint R/H walnut stock 7/8 ATF for $895
FF1220B is a .50 cal flint R/H Jap cherry stock 15/16 ATF for $895
PF1110A is a .50 cal cap L/H Jap cherry stock 15/16 ATF for $895
FF1020A is a .32 cal flint R/H Jap cherry stock 13/16 ATF for $895

I had the pleasure to shoot one that belonged to my Uncle. It was missing a top jaw screw, so I ordered one from Dixie. Got it up and shooting with a new flint and a little cleaning. Fun to shoot, we spent most of an afternoon shooting it. I was truly sad to see it go. Kind of partial to them as I met the designer at a local muzzleloader show back in the 90's. He was selling stock blanks and was a pleasant fellow to talk too.

winelover
11-22-2017, 07:56 AM
At the current prices....I need to see if I can find the receipt for the one I own. I know it was a far cry from the current asking price. Mine is a 50 percussion in left hand. Serial # in the low 200's. IRCC, it was the only LH muzzle loader, available at the time.

Bought it for deer hunting in Lower Michigan. Shotgun or muzzle loader was the only legal options. My Model 12 wasn't very accurate with slugs. I did harvest a doe, with it.....but pretty much retired it after purchasing a LH 54 Renegade.

The Tenn. Mtn. rifle is very accurate with patched round ball but too cumbersome for hunting deer. Crude sights that are just too far down that long barrel to see in low light.

Winelover

toot
11-22-2017, 05:32 PM
I have an original one. in 50 cal. it came with two locks, one is a percussion with a drum and nipple, and the other is a flint lock with a slotted screw in vent hole. back in the day that is the way that they came, two in one. boy guys still want to get it off of me almost fifty years later. i am in my late 70's and it ain't gone any where yet. yes they were a great gun, mine was made by MAROUKU and has a cherry stock with the grease hole in the butt.

winelover
11-23-2017, 07:24 AM
Didn't have much use for the grease hole and didn't care for the look......plugged it with an Indian Head penny.

Winelover

OverMax
11-23-2017, 09:02 AM
I highly doubt dixie uncovered a stash of unsold. More like selling surplus of at much higher prices.