PDA

View Full Version : 320REAL and 100 gr ffg

swheeler
11-19-2005, 07:21 PM
I took a mule deer doe with .50 cal inline at about 60 yds. The 320 conical entered tight behind the front shoulder, missed onside rib, punched thru the lungs and hit offside rib dead center, blew a golfball sized hole into the shoulder joint, bullet didnot exit. After field dressing I ran my fingers around inside the hole , didn't find the bullet, skinned it later, still no bullet. At the shot the deer stood on it's hind legs, looked just like our cocker begging for treats, dropped to all fours, took 3 or 4 fast steps, frontend dropped hindend stayed up for just a second, then all was still. There was quite a bit of blood shot meat in the shoulder and up the neck, more than I would have imagined. No bullet to be found, must have lost it in the field or in transport home, sure would liked to have seen it!

Bass Ackward
11-19-2005, 07:53 PM
No bullet to be found, must have lost it in the field or in transport home, sure would liked to have seen it!

Scott,

I'll bet you would have liked to have kept it. But none the less, you got meat out of the deal, a lifetime memory, and a good time to boot. Nice going.

swheeler
11-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Thanks John! She was fat and tasty, just had me a seared steak, delish!
Scott

MTWeatherman
11-26-2005, 05:51 PM
swheeler:

Congratulations...Montana mule deer have taken quite a hit from cast this season. Enjoy those steaks.

Doughty
11-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Now after eating some good venison you'll have the strength to go pour some more lead. Good shootin.