PDA

View Full Version : Friends+Cast Boolits=Old Guys Disneyland

NVcurmudgeon
11-19-2005, 01:06 AM
My wife and I broke out through the granola curtain about a year and a half ago. There are so many advantages to moving out of California, it boggles the mind. Less crime, less stress, country living, fewer and less onerous gun laws, and reduced risk of infestation by relatives and in-laws. One thing that I looked forward to in my moving plans, is that a move of some 230 miles has brought me light years toward the center of the cast boolit universe (Western division). NevadaDuke lives about fiteen miles from here, BruceB is a trifling 2 1/2 hours away by a Nevada freeway that bears an uncanny resemblance to an autobahn. Brazos is another near-neighbor who is close enough that I have been his guest at a local Cowboy Action Shoot. Ammohead has dropped in several times after work, and we are planning to take in the Big Reno Gun Show this weekend. Urny, from nearly the other side of the state, is a frequent visitor to the BRGS, and he and Linda favored us with a visit last week. I have gone from living in a place where I was a persecuted minority to a center of the gun culture. Thank you all!

onceabull
11-19-2005, 01:17 AM
Have big fun shopping at this edition of the BRGS..!! >>> Onceabull

waksupi
11-19-2005, 04:59 AM
My wife and I broke out through the granola curtain about a year and a half ago. There are so many advantages to moving out of California, it boggles the mind. Less crime, less stress, country living, fewer and less onerous gun laws, and reduced risk of infestation by relatives and in-laws. One thing that I looked forward to in my moving plans, is that a move of some 230 miles has brought me light years toward the center of the cast boolit universe (Western division). NevadaDuke lives about fiteen miles from here, BruceB is a trifling 2 1/2 hours away by a Nevada freeway that bears an uncanny resemblance to an autobahn. Brazos is another near-neighbor who is close enough that I have been his guest at a local Cowboy Action Shoot. Ammohead has dropped in several times after work, and we are planning to take in the Big Reno Gun Show this weekend. Urny, from nearly the other side of the state, is a frequent visitor to the BRGS, and he and Linda favored us with a visit last week. I have gone from living in a place where I was a persecuted minority to a center of the gun culture. Thank you all!

Curmudgeon, you speak well. I have corresponded with so many over the years, that say, if only. But they feel trapped by a job, or some other anchor. If a person doesn't take the initialive, and make a few , what at the time seem significant, sacrifices, they will never know the fast eroding freedom of this country. If some one plans on waiting twenty, fifteen, ten, five, or until next year, to make a change in thier lifestyle, they are already too late. Yor life only lasts so long, each person needs to decide how they REALLY want to spend thier time on earth.

NVcurmudgeon
11-19-2005, 11:26 AM
How this thread got onto "Gunsmithing' can be attributed only to thread starter carelessness. Maybe Willy or Ken will come along and move it to "Humor, etc." where it fits.