PDA

View Full Version : .308 and the NOE 312290

waco
11-04-2017, 05:43 PM
220gr with my alloy. Sized to .311" Hor. GC and lubed with Glen's black.
5 shots @ 80 yards did .5"

Rifle is a heavy barrle 700. 207223

OS OK
11-04-2017, 07:25 PM
Nice work there. How fast were you pushing them and what is the twist in that 700?

waco
11-05-2017, 01:02 PM
Nice work there. How fast were you pushing them and what is the twist in that 700?
I did no have the Chrony with me yesterday. If I had to venture a guess I would say 1800-1900fps
This rifle has a 10 twist.

wmitty
11-06-2017, 03:54 AM
Very nice group!

OS OK
11-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Before I adjusted anything on this load, I'd shoot several 10 shot groups and 'read the tea leaves' then.
It's a bit rough on the nerves going for results like this but if you take it 'one shot at a time', not thinking about the last or next shot...only 'this current' shot you'll getter done.
The reason I suggest that is that there is more information to be gleaned from 10 shots...you get a much better idea of the load and the quality in your casting and loading, as you prolly already know, there's a myriad of variables to control to get these fine groups.
You call the bad shots just as soon as you loose them and they don't get considered other than you thinking about what you did to send it wrong and what to do to correct what you just did...
You will end up doing even better than this...but there certainly ain't nothin wrong with this!

waco
11-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Before I adjusted anything on this load, I'd shoot several 10 shot groups and 'read the tea leaves' then.
It's a bit rough on the nerves going for results like this but if you take it 'one shot at a time', not thinking about the last or next shot...only 'this current' shot you'll getter done.
The reason I suggest that is that there is more information to be gleaned from 10 shots...you get a much better idea of the load and the quality in your casting and loading, as you prolly already know, there's a myriad of variables to control to get these fine groups.
You call the bad shots just as soon as you loose them and they don't get considered other than you thinking about what you did to send it wrong and what to do to correct what you just did...
You will end up doing even better than this...but there certainly ain't nothin wrong with this!

Good advice. I only had 10 rounds to begin with as it was a test load with a new mold. I will load up a box for the next time out.

popper
11-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Wahoo Waco. Good job.

waco
11-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Wahoo Waco. Good job.
Thanks Popper!