PDA

View Full Version : WTS Linotype, good price.

Pertsev
10-18-2017, 06:09 PM
WTS linotype. Have a little that is excess to my needs.

50 lb lots, mix of type strips and spacer strips. Will be broken to fit box.

Have 3 lots. $76 per lot shipped.

Personal check, Postal Money Order or Pay Pal + fee accepted. First posted here "I'll take it" followed by a PM gets it. I am not on this forum every day so it may be a day or two until you receive a response.

This is nice linotype and makes excellent alloying material. Pictures are of the metal you will get. Have sold this in the past and everyone was pleased with the product.

Thanks for looking.

gtgeorge
10-18-2017, 06:14 PM
I'll take 1. I'm coming as soon as I get to a computer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

fortrenokid
10-18-2017, 06:50 PM
Just my 2 cents.

This is IMHO a good price. I'd be interested if I hadn't recently bought a mess of linotype and melted it into ingots for future casting use.

Their small size facilitates them being conveniently melted into ingots or, the small pieces can be weighed and added directly to lead alloys to "sweeten" the mix and improve its casting qualities.

I would suggest those interested specify the small strips if the intent is to melt them into ingots or cast them directly into bullets. Conversely, the longer strips might be handier for weighing and adding directly to the casting pot to "sweeten" softer alloys such as wheel weight or range lead.

Hope this might add some perspective.

Adios

Fort Reno Kid

GrumpyBear
10-18-2017, 06:58 PM
I willl take a box also.

PM sent

Iron Whittler
10-18-2017, 07:04 PM
I'll take 1 box. pm to follow.

osteodoc08
10-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Well dang. I'll take back up if anyone backs out.

rwadley
10-18-2017, 07:41 PM
Seconds please.

Pertsev
10-18-2017, 09:54 PM
OK, all sold. Guess I should have charged more [smilie=1:

PM sent to those who replied first.