PDA

View Full Version : down but not out!

Freightman
08-13-2008, 10:24 PM
i will not be using caps on my post for awhile. i took the dog to the vet and clumsey me fell and broke my elbow an i am one handed. going to see friday how much surgery it is going to take to fix,
told my wife she would have to go to the range with me to set targets, that went over big time, right.
so excuse my one hand and no caps.

sundog
08-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Freightman, I wanna know how you use the shift key with your elbow?

DLCTEX
08-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Bummer! May you heal quickly. DALE

Buckshot
08-13-2008, 11:49 PM
................OH GOD!!! E'gads, you'll have to drink beer through a straw!!!!

..............Buckshot

Bob Krack
08-13-2008, 11:52 PM
no good!

But - I can tolerate no caps much better than all caps!

Get well soon,

Vic

Meatco1
08-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Bad luck, Freightman. Not to mention, I know it hurt like hell!!

Get well soon,

Richard

Ricochet
08-14-2008, 12:35 AM
I had to do all my typing one-handed for a good long while, ~8 years ago. Got good at stretching my fingers. Apple has a utility on Macs to accommodate people with disabilities like this by turning on "Sticky Keys" that let you press the shift key and then the letter instead of having to hold them down at once. I'll bet there's something like that in Windows, but I'm not familiar enough with it to know how.

MtGun44
08-14-2008, 01:59 AM
WIndows has it too. I found out when my MIL accidentally kicked on
the special capabilities and got lots of WEIRD respose to the keyboard.
Took us a while to figure out what she had done. It is out there.

Best of luck, been there done that, didn't like it. :roll:

Bill

Bigjohn
08-14-2008, 03:57 AM
Freightman; may you heal quickly, you know SWMBO's don't have a sense of humour! Just kiddin'

John

scrapcan
08-14-2008, 09:56 AM
typing is not the real problem, it is the other important visits to the thinking station that will be a royal... well you already know all of this so no caps is a minor issue.

been there a couple of times also and know what you are going thru.

Freightman
08-14-2008, 10:40 AM
went out and shot at a tree rat with my 22 rifle, pecans are getting to fill out and the raiders are coming in. i can still shoot it so after the surgery it is off to the range.
the dr. has already set tomorrow as the day to fix the elbow, so i should be good for when the enfield 2a/2a1 gets here that i ordered Monday from aim. i have a #4 mk1 and a self made jungle carbine made from a bad sporterised one i got for $25, came out good.

Freightman
08-15-2008, 06:10 PM
well i am back from surgery, it wasn't a broken bone i tore the triceps muscle loose from the bone. they had to wire it back to the bone, i did have a piece of bone in there but it had been loose for a long time. will be one armed for a few weeks. thanks for the encouragement.

pjh421
08-15-2008, 08:14 PM
You should be able to milk this for some sympathy you-know-what.

Paul

Wayne Smith
08-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, but with that arm in a sling he can't milk much else. Get will quick, Freight!

Down South
08-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Hope you get well soon. I know how it is to be one armed. I fell off of a 12 embankment once while hunting. While trying to hold my gun up on the way down I landed on my shoulder in a rock pile at the bottom. My right arm was out of commission for several months.

Freightman
08-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Hope you get well soon. I know how it is to be one armed. I fell off of a 12 embankment once while hunting. While trying to hold my gun up on the way down I landed on my shoulder in a rock pile at the bottom. My right arm was out of commission for several months.
bodies heal, expensive guns don't.
i have 2a/2a1 enfield that will be here monday and i will not even be able to clean any of the cosmo off it, told my wife she had to clean it! that met with a blank stare and "yea right" does that mean she has agreed?

DLCTEX
08-16-2008, 10:28 AM
In my house it means I'll be wearing it if I push the subject. DALE

wills
08-16-2008, 10:37 AM
I had to do all my typing one-handed for a good long while, ~8 years ago. Got good at stretching my fingers. Apple has a utility on Macs to accommodate people with disabilities like this by turning on "Sticky Keys" that let you press the shift key and then the letter instead of having to hold them down at once. I'll bet there's something like that in Windows, but I'm not familiar enough with it to know how.

Control panel>Accessibility options >keyboard > sticky keys

copdills
08-16-2008, 03:13 PM
get well soon man:-D

Wayne Smith
08-16-2008, 06:44 PM
bodies heal, expensive guns don't.
i have 2a/2a1 enfield that will be here monday and i will not even be able to clean any of the cosmo off it, told my wife she had to clean it! that met with a blank stare and "yea right" does that mean she has agreed?

There was once this linguistics professor lecturing on double negatives and double positives in various languages. He stated that in some languages a double negative means negative, in some languages a double negative means a positive, and in all languages a double positive means a positive. He stated that he did not know a language in which a double positive means a negative. A smart-ass in the back row says "Yeah, Right"!

sav300
08-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Freightman.best wishes on a speedy recovery and have fun with your new rifle.