11-01-2017, 03:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/J7Ls805.gif?2

but you can fix a tail light

kungfustyle
11-01-2017, 04:08 PM
OH, so that's what a mussel break does.

myg30
11-01-2017, 04:08 PM
That's almost as bad as shooting out an open window with the muzzle still inside the room.
I'm sure he won't do that again.

Mike

Hickory
11-01-2017, 04:16 PM
Or shooting across a RXR track and hitting the opposite rail.

birch
11-01-2017, 04:41 PM
I skipped a 35 remington bullet off the roof of a Chevy Impala--didn't account for the curvature of the roof. It looked just like a cake that someone dipped some frosting off with a finger. Yes my wife saw it. All she said was, "I bet you won't do that again". Enough said.

Thundarstick
11-01-2017, 04:55 PM
I had a buddy put 4 creases in the hood of his truck before he realized why he couldn't hit that groundhog!:wink:

Preacher Jim
11-01-2017, 05:01 PM
My hunting buddy and I were shooting ground hogs when he jumped up threw his rifle across the top of his brand new convertible. The muzzle blast shredded that rag top but he made 600 yard shot on that whistle pig.

Grmps
11-01-2017, 05:31 PM
My hunting buddy and I were shooting ground hogs when he jumped up threw his rifle across the top of his brand new convertible. The muzzle blast shredded that rag top but he made 600 yard shot on that whistle pig.

Did he think it was worth it :)

Preacher Jim
11-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Grmps he said oh well had new top 2 days later. But also a sheet plywood wrapped in army blanket

Rcmaveric
11-01-2017, 06:27 PM
My buddies at work were shooting FMJ's at a steel plate. One of the shots ricocheted between them and took out the back and front windshield of the truck.

OS OK
11-01-2017, 06:36 PM
Good thing you weren't shooting off the hood!

6bg6ga
11-01-2017, 06:39 PM
I'm just wondering here if the guy shot out his tail light is he capable of repairing the tail light

Blanket
11-01-2017, 07:30 PM
years ago a guy that I worked with was tracking an antelope with a rifle on a bipod on the hood of a truck. When he pulled the trigger the muzzle was right on the curve of the windshield

dubber123
11-01-2017, 07:48 PM
That truck may not be new enough, but some have the back up cameras in the tail light as a sealed unit. $900 I believe.

Grmps
11-01-2017, 07:49 PM
That truck may not be new enough, but some have the back up cameras in the tail light as a sealed unit. $900 I believe.

That would definitely add injury to insult

dubber123
11-01-2017, 08:00 PM
Thar would definitely add injury to insult

And that would be just my luck :)

bedbugbilly
11-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Kind of reminds me of a number of years ago when we got back to th fire station about 2 a.m. from a run. We were putting dry hose in the bed of one of the trucks when one of the township cops pulled his car into the police bay. The front end was all smashed up and of course we gave him a hard time. He swore at us and said he'd hit a deer. One of the guys walked over to look at the damage and while looking at the hood said, "Hey. Are these bullet holes?" Of course we all had to go over to inspect it and sure enough, there were four of 'em. We finally got it out of the cop that the deer was floundering on the hood and wasn't dead so he figured he'd shoot it and put it out of its misery. Yep - he missed four times. Needless to say his tenure with the township was very short - which we were happy about as he was a real a _ _ _ _ _ _ e who took great joy in doing 'skirt stops" and being a bully to anyone he stopped - should never have been a cop. At the time, I remarked in a loud voice that I was glad I wasn't a cop and he was my back up as his shooting skills left a lot to be desired.

Mr_Sheesh
11-02-2017, 12:23 AM
And I thought seeing someone in the Search & Rescue group I was in, put their map & compass on the truck's hood to orient things, was bad :p

Artful
11-02-2017, 02:02 AM
And I thought seeing someone in the Search & Rescue group I was in, put their map & compass on the truck's hood to orient things, was bad :p

Hey, at least they had a compass - many I meet out in the desert have none.

I had a '64 Chevy that I creased the trunk because I didn't see the uplift flair of the body thru the scope killing grey diggers (squirrels that dig dens and break animals legs) one day.

Mr_Sheesh
11-02-2017, 02:30 AM
I have the compass "knack" - I can almost always tell you which ways north, if I am in the boonies. (I did find a few oddities - There's a rock one place that I used to go monthly or twice a month, I nicknamed it "magnet rock" as I always ended up there even when trying to avoid it - So I just walked there then re-aimed. Have to work with what you're given :)) Even with that "knack", I do 2 things reliably - Carry a compass, and, check it every outing to make sure it hasn't been flipped (Mototools run near your compass, WILL (or at least CAN) flip it 180 degrees so you end up walking the wrong way - That's not a good way to end up where you want to go. And it looks bad when your Search and Rescue teams get lost while searching for someone else...

Chihuahua Floyd
11-02-2017, 07:45 AM
Also, don't put a blanket over the roof of a car when shooting a muzzleloader. Burning blanket on top of a car ruins paint. Wasn't me, just someone I was watching shoot.
CF

MaryB
11-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Friend went with to the range. I was using my AR with the muzzle brake and I warned him to not set anything close to the muzzle. He leaned his cell phone against the front of the bags I was shooting off of to get a video of the shot... his phone ended up 10 feet off to one side... with a cracked screen after bouncing off the concrete. I didn't see him put the phone there and had warned him... he did it when I went to get an ammo can from the truck.

xs11jack
11-03-2017, 01:00 AM
Very long time ago my step dad mounted a scope on a Winchester 300 Mag. for a co-worker and said "Let's go out to Dick Beer's wheat field and site it in". We got in the old dog car, a 53 Chevy 4d. and away we went. After 5 shots we not only had a broken stock at the grip, but we sorta set the old bad paint on the hood on fire. Fun times.
Ole Jack