and while out at my land I see fresh ground scrapes and
bucks on the trail cameras
when I got back in town I saw another nice buck in one of my
neighbors pick up :Fire:
not to mention all the bucks I see smashed on the roads
what a waste :???:

Hogtamer
10-30-2017, 10:12 PM
207024207025207026Here too. Both my sons, my grandson and myself killed in 3 adjoining counties last week.207027

Plate plinker
10-31-2017, 04:31 AM
Nice shot in the neck!

Idaho45guy
10-31-2017, 07:45 AM
My dad got his moose last year and he and my brother both got an elk as well. We have around 900lbs of meat in two freezers. Steaks, burger, roasts, sausage, and jerky all either elk or moose. I shot a big bodied 2-point buck as my last Idaho deer since I moved to Washington three years ago. It was shot coming out of a garbanzo bean field and was delicious. No one in my family has shot a deer since; they usually don't taste nearly as good as elk, and are pretty gamey compared to moose.

Now that I no longer hunt, I consider deer as pests that only destroy my trees and damage my truck when I hit them on the highway. Nearly wrecked last week avoiding one on the way home from work.

We have some pretty nice bucks wandering around my work campus...

white eagle
10-31-2017, 09:30 AM
wow even the big boys want an education

Hogtamer
10-31-2017, 02:27 PM
Walking sausage man! Choot im!

white eagle
10-31-2017, 10:18 PM
went out bow hunting tonight
saw 2 different bucks and a couple of doe
no shots

country gent
10-31-2017, 10:21 PM
All the game is moving here, not so much weather but time of the year. The farmers are running crops off and that stirs them up. Along with the loss of a lot of cover. Those corn fields offer a lot of protection.

MaryB
10-31-2017, 10:22 PM
Buck hanging out in my back yard, a couple does with him. Hunting season is soon and they seem to know because they show up every year and stay until season is over. So tempting to pop him with the crossbow LOL

Hogtamer
11-01-2017, 06:40 AM
Saw a bunch of buddies at the fall festival my church sponsors last night. Everyone I talked to saw or killed bucks last week. This is a rut like we haven't seen in years.

white eagle
11-01-2017, 11:58 AM
I have that feeling as well
lots more buck sign and activity

myg30
11-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Yesterday at 10am on a 2 lane hwy near the house, a 4 point deer came running out of a yard toward the road in front of me. I tapped the breaks as the cement truck behind me, had me un certain to lock-um-up, or hit the boy. Luckily The truck driver was on his game and saw the deer before me I guess, and hit his breaks, scared the buck to turn and run back into the yard.
Win win for all 3 of us ! Glad the C truck driver wasn't texting or day dreaming.
I have several Doe and fauns in my back area, but have not seen any bucks around till yesterday.

Ya'll be safe driving out there.

Mike

Smoke4320
11-02-2017, 02:30 PM
well here in middle NC they are not moving at all .. worse opening week in memory .. processors are crying the blues ..

white eagle
11-05-2017, 01:32 PM
went out yesterday bow hunting
made it to the base of my stand and I see a buck
coming directly at where he should have had I been up in my stand
I did not even get a arrow nocked and he was on me looking directly
in my direction 21 yds away couldn't do anything he walked away unsure
of what happened but not scared by any means ,he may be back
will give it a day to cool off :Fire:

lefty o
11-05-2017, 06:19 PM
went to see my chiropracter wednesday. as i walk in he pulls out his phone and shows me the text and picture his wife had just sent him. while he was out working, she took his xbow, went out sat in his stand and drilled a monster 8pt. LOL

JBinMN
11-05-2017, 11:16 PM
I come in from deer hunting with my oldest today & got this pic from my Sis in Law in Roseville, MN. RIght in the middle of the Metro Twin Cities basically. Right in their backyard, taking a break. No chasing does & no hunters to avoid. Just taking it easy in the little bit of sun...

Nice one, eh?
In their backyard & they don't even hunt deer.either...

Well, it is something to think about tomorrow when I am back out there anyway.
LOL

white eagle
11-07-2017, 08:41 PM
man that is a nice buck
looks like he earned them antlers,being smart and elusive
went out today saw 4 different bucks some real big boys got a shot at one
but I missed (archery)
saw them between 1:30 and 3:30

lefty o
11-07-2017, 08:58 PM
there are some nice bucks in the twin cities metro area. as long as they learn to keep away form cars, they live pretty well.

MaryB
11-08-2017, 12:38 AM
Stopped at my local butcher for bacon and a 25 pound pork butt to make some breakfast and Italian sausage. They had over 50 deer in already and he was working on caping out a 10 pointer so I waited until he finished(rest of the crew was swamped taking in 2 pickup loads of deer that arrived when I did, 18 total from 2 families who put 15+ hunters per family in the field). He said it went 250 pounds field dressed so a big bodied corn fed buck! They number every deer and unlike some processors you get back the meat you bring in. No mixing all the scraps to make burger/sausage then dividing it up. Some people do not take good care of the carcass and I wouldn't have wanted 2 of them that were hanging. One smelled like deer droppings from careless field dressing, the other was turning bad because he hung it in his garage for a week(took it with a bow, gun season just opened) and the garage was attached to the house so stayed far to warm during the day.

Butcher knows I don't hunt much anymore because of being disabled and he had a car hit deer of his own and said he had way to much deer in his own freezer so I got 2 sticks of summer sausage and a smaller roast for $10 from him. Nice guy who often donates an entire deer to poor families.

white eagle
11-09-2017, 01:25 PM
thats the way to do it for sure
nice to see a smile on their face
saw a big 8pt. again but no shot
3 doe came in but didn't want to shoot them

RGrosz
11-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Earlier this year, had a buck rub on a tree in the yard. It was a 4-5" in diameter Ash tree. Haven't seen the buck around but he must be a good size one, The first time they ever rubbed that tree. We have had some smaller Chinese Elms rubbed over the years, but they were a lot smaller.
Would like to meet up with the big boy.
Rob

MaryB
11-10-2017, 12:02 AM
Went out onto my back deck today to change batteries in the weather station and 2 nice does and a buck were laying down out of the wind in my patch of brush I leave wild. They looked at me and stayed put. Hunting season and they know where it is safe!