PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request for a friends family who was killed today

USMC87
10-23-2017, 06:35 PM
I have a request for the Adkins family, James was an underground coal miner and was missing this morning. The mines searched for a while before finding him several miles away on the raw coal stock pile. James was always safety minded and had been a miner for 20 some years, Apparently the moving conveyor belt snagged him somehow and he went through a feeder which pulverizes coal. I was told that his body was badly mangled and he did'nt suffer. James has a daughter Sara 19 a son Jake 24 and leaves his wife Wilma, Please remember this family during this time. Thank you for being there for each other as we are all in sorrow today here, Brother Craig.

Boaz
10-23-2017, 07:58 PM
I'm distraught by this . I'm praying , I can't imagine the pain his family is in . Thank you USMC 87 for bringing this need here .

buckwheatpaul
10-23-2017, 08:55 PM
Father, James is safely resting in your arms...now his family and friends are suffering. Please comfort them and be with them as they navigate these terrible stormy waters. Father, they will mend with time but until they do hold their hands and lead them down the path of fond memories and great moments they have shared. AMEN

GhostHawk
10-23-2017, 09:25 PM
Growing up on the farm I learned a very healthy respect for all machinery.

I did not hurt that dad was missing half of his ring finger. Newer model combine, had a v belt to run power steering where the old one did not. Right next to the air control for the sieves. He felt a bump, then something did not feel right.

Pulled his hand out, saw that finger dangling just past the first big knuckle. Was all twisted up. He said he untwisted it a lot of times before he saw the finger end was pretty much mangled, hanging by a shred of skin. He tore it off, got back in the combine, headed for the end of the field. Shut the combine down. Jumped in the truck, put it away in the shed. Closed the doors, jumped in the pickup truck headed for town. I think he was halfway there when he got the first big twinge. He stopped, pulled the tin snips out from behind the seat and clipped his wedding ring off. Then drove to the doctor.

He was sitting in the living room waiting for my older brother to get home from school. Mom would not let him go alone.

I had an uncle that was down to 2 fingers and a thumb and a half.
Some damage was from WWII but most of it was corn pickers.

Yeah, I paid attention when dad talked. He raised 4 kids, none of us ever injured on the farm other than the stray splinter or minor cut. All it takes is a slight projection on that conveyor belt to snag clothing and your along for the ride.

You have my condolences and my prayers for the survivors.

I think

Thundarstick
10-23-2017, 09:45 PM
Lord we pray that you would supply the comfort that only you can supply in times like this. Please give comfort when it seems there's none to be found. Fill the void that will no doubt exist in the future with good memories of a good man.

Pine Baron
10-23-2017, 10:22 PM
So sad. Prayers for the Adkins family.

castalott
10-23-2017, 10:30 PM
Sincere Prayers for Mercy, Love, Faith, Hope, Comfort, and Redemption... Please Lord...Mercy for all...Help for the family with this loss... Amen

jcren
10-24-2017, 03:55 AM
Prayers sent

4719dave
10-24-2017, 04:00 AM
So sorry to hear this sending prayers

daloper
10-24-2017, 07:15 AM
Father God. We lift up the Adkins family to you today. Be with them and help them through this time of grieving as they morn the loss of their husband and father. Lift up Wilma and keep her strong during this time. Be with Jake and Sara as they help their mother through this. Be with all the friends and family as they come together and may this be a time where they can lift each other up to get through this. We don't know why this happened but we can rest in the fact that you are still in control and all things happen according to your plans. May someone that does not know you or your son, Jesus Christ, be brought to you. Be with the Pastor as he preforms the funeral, that he will have the words to provide comfort to the family and that he will be able to show your love and word to all who attend. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen.

Hickok
10-24-2017, 08:51 AM
Amen to all the prayers for this coal miner. I have worked around the conveyor belts and stock piles. So tragic for his family and fellow miners.

God's peace and comfort to all in this time of bereavement,

koehn,jim
10-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Prayers sent.

Pb Burner
10-24-2017, 10:28 AM
Prayers for the Adkins family and friends.

w5pv
10-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Prayers sent

Preacher Jim
10-24-2017, 09:00 PM
Lord please comfort the Adkins family and extend your grace to hold them up during this time.
In Jesus name
Amen

Bzcraig
10-25-2017, 12:05 AM
Father, James is safely resting in your arms...now his family and friends are suffering. Please comfort them and be with them as they navigate these terrible stormy waters. Father, they will mend with time but until they do hold their hands and lead them down the path of fond memories and great moments they have shared. AMEN

Amen and amen!

Hickok
10-26-2017, 10:37 AM
Also pray for all coal miners.

They are stressed about keeping their jobs, companies have gotten rid of a lot of people, and in turn expect one person to do the jobs of three or four, working longer hours without rest, in a very dangerous environment, with heavy equipment, machinery, belts, conveyors, walls, roofs, ribs, and weather to contend with.

I say this from complete experience, coal miners are in danger more than ever at their jobs.

Blackwater
10-26-2017, 09:03 PM
Wow! Death awaits all of us eventually, and sometimes it comes in strange and unusual ways. God be with the family of this good man, whose labors touched us all in one way or another. Amen.

Artful
10-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Prayers for James Adkins family and friends.