PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
10-22-2017, 07:59 AM
Tribulation Worketh Patience

Romans 5:1-5 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

As we have already heard this morning, sometimes we don't understand the trials and troubles God allows us to endure until much later in life. This passage in Romans gives us a clear process as to how we profit from tribulations and trials in our daily walk.

First of all, tribulation develops patience or endurance. Long distance runners need endurance to be able to do what they do. So how do they develop that endurance? They do so by enduring long hours of conditioning and stress to their bodies. The same is true spiritually. Our spiritual endurance is built and strengthened by the trials and problems we face on a daily basis.

And that endurance provides us with character and the all of the above enhances our hope of eternal salvation. The more trials we face here on earth the stronger our anticipation of the return of Jesus Christ. Paul put it well in Titus 2:13 where it says... Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

The Apostle Paul endured great tribulation during the course of his ministry. He suffered more than any other man except the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. So Paul knew what it meant to suffer trouble and trial in his life. Yet no one on earth has ever had a stronger hope of salvation than him.

Let's rejoice when we are faced with trials and problems in this life as God is merely preparing us to be a help to others and strengthening our hope of eternal salvation.

square butte
10-22-2017, 08:20 AM
Yes it does - Thanks for the morning word and scripture rl69

Pine Baron
10-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Thanks rl. Good message.

USMC87
10-22-2017, 08:58 AM
Great lesson, Amen.

buckwheatpaul
10-22-2017, 04:53 PM
Thanks Ronnie for the mini-Bible lesson....Paul

Blackwater
10-26-2017, 09:21 PM
I've always been the sort in the old "joke" about the man who prayed for patience, and ended his prayer by saying, " ... and I want it right now!" Thanks for this lesson. Patience has never been my strong suit. So He taught me patience. Laboriously, but He taught me. And still keeps giving me "refresher courses" from time to time. Thanks. I needed this one today!