PDA

View Full Version : Time to trim the inventory

Leadmelter
10-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Group
I am almost 64 yrs old, on disability and undergoing chemo for colon which is going well.
This winter I plan on inventoring my molds and deciding which ones to keep and the others need to go. I have about 100 molds, some I like and some are marginal performers and I don't have time to tinker.
Also, the chemo agents used are giving neuropathy in my finger tips. Racking a slide is a real trip.
Guys take the time and effort and get your colonoscopy. You do not want this in your life. My bride of 38 yrs is fighting Stage 3 with Breast cancer for the second time.
BE safe
Leadmelter
MI

Retumbo
10-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Prayers out. Have had a camera shoved up my *** regularly ever since my dad passed of the same

trails4u
10-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Prayers up, Leadmelter! Hopefully you and your wife can both overcome your battles, and you can hold onto some of those moulds for a while!!

Cherokee
10-18-2017, 10:52 PM
Just had the colon exam and small GI track camera, not fun but needed at 76. Nothing serious found. Prayer for both of you.

terryt
10-18-2017, 11:17 PM
My Prayers for both of you. God Bless

whisler
10-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Add my prayers for both of you. God is able.

Rcmaveric
10-19-2017, 09:30 PM
That sucks. Good luck to you and I will pray for you.

Walter Laich
10-20-2017, 10:00 AM
prayers for you and your wife

miracles do happen

Victor N TN
10-20-2017, 10:12 AM
Miracles DO happen...! Last year our pastor's wife was in intensive care for a month. They told him she would never live when they took her off the machines. But she did. Then they told him she would never wake up and know what's going on around her. But she does. Then they said she would never be able to walk. But she does. She still has to use a cane or sometimes a walker. But she can move under her own power.

Wife and I are mid 60s. They're several years older than us.

God is good, All the time.

Prayers for you and your wife.

Crash_Corrigan
10-20-2017, 10:49 AM
I just got out of the hospital after a 3 day visit. I was in bed and my guts started rumbling and I felt nasueous. I had a large dinner at my ex's home earlier and I was worn out and went to bed at quarter to nine which is very early for me. Anyway at about 10:45 PM I dragged myself from my bed to the john and proceeded to worship and say hello to Ralph. Not fun at all and then the major pains started to tear me apart. My lower gut was on fire and I became disoriented, dizzy and I had major tingling in all my extremities. I tried to stand up and I fell down. I dragged my self back to the bedroom and snagged my cell phone and called 911. After requesting medical assistance via ambulance I then had to crawl to the front door to unbolt it to let the first responders in. Have a try doing that from the floor when the whole room is spinning around...

Turned out that I had a colitis attack in the lower colon and they treated me with massive IV's of antibiotics and some much appreciated morphine injections via the lovely IV. Within 24 hours the pain lessened and they let me go home by day #3. I plan to have a colonoscopy next week after my raw and bloody innards have a chance to repair themselves prior to going through that wonderful prepping prior to the procedure.

I have gone through the procedure every two years since I was 50. It is good insurance but a pain in the hoo hoo.

Gtek
10-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Thoughts and prayers to you and the Mrs.. Just in from my Alien abduction this morning, funny that I just walked in sat and turned on computer and roll on this. Turned 56 a couple weeks ago and they have been hammering me since fifty, finally went. He said four small nipped and told not perfect but not too bad, waiting now. I bet you have a couple molds I would love to have, but---. How about in a couple months you come on here and tell us your wife is mad cause you didn't turn off pot and come in for dinner when she hollered and you aren't selling nothing yet!

Tom W.
10-20-2017, 12:17 PM
I send prayers out to you. I just finished my last surgery and chemo for the same thing. I tried some gabapentin for neuropathy and decided the neuropathy was better. And the cold intolerance is awful, but not as bad as it's been. I have trouble picking up a primer to put in my press. Gotta use two hands. I also walk like Herman Munster, and have to wear shoes or flip flops.

The good news is I have to go next week for a CAT scan to see if all is well. Still get tired easily, but was told that if I don't get lazy that should pass. That chemo takes a lot out of you, but I'm sure you can handle it. I'll be 65 in April. if you need encouragement shoot me a pm.

And it looks like Mom was right. she was always saying an alien implanted something in her. After my surgery I noticed that I have no belly button anymore......:holysheep