PDA

View Full Version : Our fall shoot

waksupi
10-15-2017, 11:08 AM
Part 1 & 2.

A fun shoot, although a bit cold. We did have a truck drive off the side of the narrow bridge to the site, that took some team effort to get back on the road again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSkduzzpqiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0zF9abIR2M

runfiverun
10-15-2017, 11:16 AM
that's the first time I ever seen it take longer to knock down the rotating plates than it took to set them up.
:lol:

bedbugbilly
10-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Great videos waksupi! Sure looks like a good group and a lot of fun - and that's what it is all about. There is just something very special about being able to shoot with a good bunch of people, smell the smoke, drink coffee over a fire and just "live the life"! Thanks for sharing! It brings back a lot of memories of the fellows I used to shoot with.

OnHoPr
10-15-2017, 02:13 PM
Looks like a bunch of ole guys having a fun day at the range enjoying a little competition. I noticed a few southpaws in the vids with pans on each side of the barrel. Ahhh, now I know why you go with such a big cal boooolit, you get more boooolit around you sight axis to clip more bulleyes. Cheetos are getting to be a pretty small target, but the apples only one shot. Maybe since being in Ideeeho you should use potatoes for the cool effects on the hit.

Ooops, my cortex just don't work the way it use to even when the words are in front of my face. Mountanian, I sit corrected. Montana does grow potatoes though. The grains would make for pretty small targets with bifocals. I would probably like the sugar beet size targets. I don't know if you could get a quaint drinking village to shoot hops.

xs11jack
10-15-2017, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the fun watching these guys keeping our traditions alive. God's blessings on you.
Ole Jack

slim1836
10-15-2017, 08:48 PM
Sure have missed the voos in my area the last couple of years, looks like fun was had by all.

Thanks for the show.

Slim

Boaz
10-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Enjoyed it ! Thanks for putting it up .

Hogtamer
10-15-2017, 09:21 PM
:guntootsmiley:

runfiverun
10-16-2017, 12:38 AM
Ric is sure welcome in Idaho.
but he'd have to drive down from Montana to get here.

GOPHER SLAYER
10-17-2017, 04:59 PM
I enjoyed that very much and as has been said, it brought back lots of memories. I shot muzzle loaders in competition for thirty years but never with flint lock. I still have a .45 caliber that is a great shooter. The last time I shot it I fired a five shot group off the bench and got a group you can cover with a quarter. Attached is a picture of the target. The shot to the right of the group was the first shot of the day. By the way, that is a beautiful place you have to shoot.

1989toddm
10-21-2017, 01:40 AM
Great show, looked like a blast!

BDJ
10-21-2017, 07:13 AM
Very nice Thanks for posting.