PDA

View Full Version : A good deed for a vet

quilbilly
10-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Last week a nice "little" 3x3 bull elk moved in with a herd of cattle right on the edge of my town. He wasn't very big, probably only 400# soaking wet, which was why the big herd bulls over the hill ran him off for the rut. On Friday the property owner told my neighbor he wouldn't allow anyone to shoot him as long as he stayed with the cows when the season opened for ML elk on Saturday. That is when another of my neighbors asked the property owner if he would allow a disabled vet in a wheelchair to have the bull and the answer was yes.
The bull is gone now but, as a fellow vet, I am proud of my neighbors. Quilcene is a good place to live.

RGrosz
10-09-2017, 12:12 PM
Good for him. And good job for everyone involved. That's why this county is so good, especially the fly-over country that the politicos and lame-stream news outlets think.
Aim Small, and miss small
Rob

SSGOldfart
10-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Thanks for sharing:drinks:

Bzcraig
10-10-2017, 12:34 AM
Great neighbors!!

JBinMN
10-10-2017, 03:55 AM
Cool story!
:)

Thnx for sharing it!
:)

tigweldit
10-10-2017, 08:11 AM
That is what a true sportsman is about.

w5pv
10-10-2017, 08:18 AM
I would have helped him to harvest any legal animal and done with out my self

shdwlkr
10-10-2017, 12:06 PM
that vet will never forget that hunt and be sure your neighbor knows there are a lot of vets that say thank you him for allowing one of our brothers hunt.

smoked turkey
10-10-2017, 03:10 PM
I know our wonderful country is messed up with some bad apples. But I think this story is about the true American Spirit. That is one of caring, doing what is right, and giving to others. So great to hear of this being done.

luvtn
10-10-2017, 07:00 PM
I know our wonderful country is messed up with some bad apples. But I think this story is about the true American Spirit. That is one of caring, doing what is right, and giving to others. So great to hear of this being done.

I couldn't say it better! God Bless America! And our way of life.
Luvtn

JBinMN
10-10-2017, 07:15 PM
that vet will never forget that hunt and be sure your neighbor knows there are a lot of vets that say thank you him for allowing one of our brothers hunt.

Damn right you betcha...
;)

MyFlatline
10-10-2017, 07:29 PM
Great story, pass along to all, the praises .

CASTER OF LEAD
10-10-2017, 07:40 PM
From this vet to all involved in this story. Thank You very much for helping a fellow brother probably realize a dream and if not an awesome opportunity to have the experience. Warms my heart to see such gratitude toward a veteran. Just wish there were more who felt the same as the rancher. Thanks for sharing. God Bless America! - CASTER

TCLouis
10-11-2017, 02:14 AM
If you know the guy that allowed the vet on his property the would you . . .

Please thank him for doing the right thing for a VET that stood by his country.

quilbilly
10-11-2017, 11:53 AM
I have already gone over this story with my local newspaper outdoor writer who loves it and spoke of it as a noble act and a noble end for that elk. I am not sure if the people involved want anonymity but you would recognize the guy who arranged the opportunity with the landowner if you watched TV shows like "North Woods Justice" but on the Olympic Peninsula on the satellite or cable about a year ago. He is pretty colorful. I see the property owner all the time in the fall because I launch my waterfowl hunting kayak on the bay a couple hundred yards from his new home. The fellow who arranged this and I share the same duck hunting spot from blinds a couple hundred yards apart (his permanent and mine from a kayak so we talk often across the bay). This is life in Quilcene.