PDA

View Full Version : A Still, Small Voice

Pine Baron
10-07-2017, 07:49 AM
1 Kings 19:

11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

13 And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

Matthew 6:

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Getting to this quiet place is sometimes the hardest thing we can do.

USMC87
10-07-2017, 08:16 AM
Amen and thanks for the lesson.

Boaz
10-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Thank you Pine Baron , a good lesson . We all need to know and understand GOD is in control even in the hardest of times . We need our personal time with him , it's that personal relationship and understanding we try to build . You have me wanting to revisit Kings , thank you .

GhostHawk
10-07-2017, 08:49 AM
I know that voice well. I hear it often.

The more I have learned to listen to and trust that voice the better my life has become.
Less stress, fewer fights with the wife, fewer problems, more peace like a river.

I can't tell you how to listen for that voice. I think you have to be at least somewhat at peace with yourself. And you have to stop talking, and thinking which is harder.

Just BE. Quietly.

Music helps sometimes, especially Gospel or Sacred music.

At first you may think you are hearing yourself. But that voice will know things that you do not.

Walk GENTLY with that voice, do not demand, be humble. Remember we are not masters of our own fate. He is master, we are servant. Give thanks often and loudly.