PDA

View Full Version : Replacement PID Probe type.

Anyracoon
10-06-2017, 08:59 AM
Howdy all!

Looking for a extra PID probe to use for my toaster oven to control temperature for powder coating better. I believe the one I have was from a kit on got from Frozone who appears to no longer be on the board. The one I have plugs in with 2 flat blades on the end. Thanks

KenH
10-06-2017, 09:40 AM
I've just sent you a PM to provide info, it's not allowed to provide such links on this board.

Mike W1
10-06-2017, 12:43 PM
I haven't fiddled with powder coating BUT I'm assuming you're gonna use a probe to control air temperature. Auber's comments in their Q&A suggests that one use a small diameter probe for this sort of thing as the response time is faster that way.

When I fooling around to control a hot plate I had an enclosure for the mold that I was trying to control via air temp but found I got much better results using a screw-in contact type TC.

dikman
10-06-2017, 06:25 PM
I use a PID to control a small toaster oven that I use for Hi-Tek coating (polymer coating) my boolits. I simply used a normal 4" probe, like I use in my melting pots, and stuck it through a hole in the back of the oven. Works fine for me. I tried a short stud-type thermocouple first, but that didn't work too well.

Just search on ebay for K-type thermocouple. Some come with the connector attached.

Oh, and put it in the centre of the oven.

LenH
10-06-2017, 08:38 PM
I had to replaced a thermocouple that I got from he who must not be named. I removed to plug and put it on the new probe.
Trouble was I had the wires reversed and it showed the temp actually dropping, it didn't take long to figure that out.

Retumbo
10-07-2017, 05:31 AM
I get all my pobes off Amazon

Anyracoon
10-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Thanks Gang!

Walter Laich
10-08-2017, 04:08 PM
I, too just used a backup one I was saving for use in my lead pot

works fine though I did drill the hole just a bit low so I can only get one rack in. Someday will reposition it (when the spirit moves me)