PDA

View Full Version : Fiocchi PRIMERS? any thoughts

Plate plinker
10-04-2017, 09:30 PM
I normally use only Winchester or Federal Primers, but notice Fiocchi for a good price. Good or bad any experience?

salpal48
10-04-2017, 10:02 PM
I have Used these in the past on and off. For me they works well. . I am not very picky about Primers . Most times I buy what is On sale and Buy 5m Of the one on sale. I know that does not sound Very scientific

jdfoxinc
10-04-2017, 11:20 PM
Gee wish I could afford 5,000,000 primers.

Maby he ment 5I. My fat fingers hit the wrong key on my phone all the time.

xrayfk05
10-05-2017, 03:17 AM
I have used them (SP and LP) and they are reliable and seat easily, can't say anything about the "hardness" of them since my guns set off near anything.

For me a primer is a primer and I use the ones I can get cheapest, mostly S&B primers at the moment.

Gus Youmans
10-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Plate plinker,

I have been using up a case of Fiocchi small pistol primers for about a year and cannot tell a difference between them and CCI, Winchester, or Remington. The Fiocchi primers work fine in all my unmodified revolvers and semi-autos. I have a couple of revolvers that are set up to use Federal primers and there have been a couple of failures to fire but no more so than the other three brands I mentioned. I will buy more when the current stock is depleted if they are still available and as cheap as the current batch. I also have some Tula small pistol primers and have experienced failures to fire even in my unmodified revolvers but they work fine in my Glock 19. Even so, I would not buy Tula again.

Gus Youmans

texassako
10-05-2017, 10:46 AM
I am also working through a case of small pistol primers. They have been just as reliable as the CCI and Winchester I used previously. I am not picky with my handgun loads; so I never ran them through my chronograph in comparison to other brands.

koehn,jim
10-05-2017, 10:50 AM
I use the shotgun primers and have gone thru thousands, the only draw back is they seem slightly larger in diameter and can be harder to seat the first time.

Greg S
10-05-2017, 11:16 AM
KOehn,jim - Fiochi shotgun primers are fine but once you use them in a shotshell, Rem and Wins are a loose fit and leak.

No experiance with their pistol and rifle primers.

Kestrel4k
10-05-2017, 11:27 AM
I normally use only Winchester or Federal Primers, but notice Fiocchi for a good price. Good or bad any experience?
A friend of mine is shopping around for primers; what price would these happen to be?

Scorpion8
10-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Fiocchi primers work every single time I used them in their own factory loads, but I've never seen any comparisons to common OTC primers such as Federal 210's or Remington 9-1/2's. I'd be inclined to think they are just fine, but you'd have to develop your own load data for use with them.

lightman
10-05-2017, 12:01 PM
I bought several thousand small pistol a few years ago. They worked fine. I had a few minor seating issues but they were probably the 9 mm brass and not the primer. I prefer CCI but these were really cheap.

Mytmousemalibu
10-05-2017, 12:05 PM
I started running them in my competition pistol loads and have been very impressed with the standard SP's. I have several guns with lightened ignition systems that will only reliably run with Federals, most other primers are too hard or not sensitive enough and ill end up getting failures to ignite some rounds. Having to rack out light strikes kills you on stage points, I hate that. It wouldn't be a huge deal if I could get my hands on standard Federal SP's but they have been anything but available for quite a while now. I bought a case of the Fiocchi's here not long ago to try and was surprised. Thousands of then fired in my race guns now, NOT A SINGLE FAILURE! No light strikes, no problems!I'm not sweating the availability of Federals anymore and I didn't have to sacrifice my light triggers for reliable light off with harder primers!

Excellent primers in my experience thus far. If tricked out race guns work 100% on them, that means something!

fecmech
10-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Gee wish I could afford 5,000,000 primers.

Maby he ment 5I. My fat fingers hit the wrong key on my phone all the time.

He used M correctly. M is the roman numeral for 1000 and has been used quite commonly to denote thousands.

Grmps
10-05-2017, 02:18 PM
Or he could have been low and meant K for thousand

FISH4BUGS
10-05-2017, 03:07 PM
I bought 1500 of the Fiocchi primers on sale to test them out. I loaded 1500 cast H&G #51 with 4 gr WW231. My standard 38 special plinking load. I shoot most of them through a Colt Officer's Match or a S&W 3" square butt Model 36.
Every one went bang.
I am not picky when it comes to primers. They all work and unless you are trying to shoot one hole groups it doesn't make a hill of beans difference.

shooterg
10-05-2017, 09:37 PM
My experience mirrors most. All my SP primers went bang in 38.

Plate plinker
10-05-2017, 10:38 PM
Powder valley $36 for 1500 seems okay except hazmat. Peeked my interest.

am44mag
10-06-2017, 02:21 PM
I managed to get a box of SP that was not exactly reliable. Every primer would go off, but sometimes it would take 2 or 3 strikes. Happened in two different pistols that have never had an issue with light primer strikes. Luckily both pistols were DA/SA, and all of the ammo was plinking ammo. I learned how to deal with a FTF in my carry gun pretty well as a result.

Probably not going to buy that again though. CCI is my primer of choice.

crowbuster
10-06-2017, 06:52 PM
As stated I use them for the last loading in shotgun hulls that are wore out. They are a bit larger. Never used outside shotgun

30calflash
10-07-2017, 05:24 PM
Not sure about now but in the past I purchased some Fiocchi LP and they were lead free. Saving them for when I shoot indoors.

bdicki
10-07-2017, 07:40 PM
I've used thousands in shot shells, euro hulls in 16ga. They all went bang.

jonp
10-08-2017, 08:55 AM
bought my first ones a couple of years ago at a gunshow. They work fine and I also can't tell the difference between them and other primers. Can't remember a dud in the boxes. If you get them at a good price buy them.