PDA

View Full Version : 31141 Mold POLL

David R
11-17-2005, 10:51 PM
Send our order in now at $56.00 each,

OR send in with our cast boolit rep and get about a $19.00 rebate per mold?

This is wrong I screwed up. The rebate would be $19.00 Minus shipping

I read Oldfeller's post wrong, the original cost of mold was $50.00 plus $6.00 for shipping. the new cost will be $37.00 Plus shipping.

That is a $13.00 saving, not $19.00.

Sorry guys.,

Junior1942
11-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Now. . .

C1PNR
11-17-2005, 11:14 PM
Let's try it and see what happens. I hope this works out, and I think we have several "buys" that are about ready to go in.

black river
11-18-2005, 12:10 AM
For a rebate I think I need to order another mold.

mdatlanta
11-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Let's wait.

James Wisner
11-18-2005, 12:37 AM
I am in no hurry, lets wait and do the quarterly order.

Jim Wisner
Custom Metalsmith

Bman
11-18-2005, 12:46 AM
I can wait. I'm thinking about how many of those boolits I can push with 19.00 worth of powder. :Fire:

big uns
11-18-2005, 04:36 AM
I can wait!

David R
11-18-2005, 07:50 AM
I changed the first post, I can't read correctly.

Its obvous we are in with the MASS purchase from lee.

David

Cayoot
11-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I may be (read=probably am) biased because my money order wasn't listed on the list of "received" orders that you posted last. So mine must be arriving today, but I vote to wait.

I think that we have reached the point where we need to take advantage of the financial and organizational efficiencies that are available to us. We pump a fair amount of money into the coffers of Lee, we should try and take advantage of the "economies of scale" that we are creating.

I'm sure that this new process will have to undergo some "growing pains", but it will be worth it. So the sooner we get started with this new system, the sooner our growing pains will be over.

Besides, I always like to be involved when new things are growing.

So I vote to wait.

Besides....a few of these $13 savings will mean I can afford more molds! :wink:

Dr. A
11-18-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm Welsh, Enough said.

charlie / sw mo
11-18-2005, 12:22 PM
if the order for the 31141 mould is not going in till dec--can we still get in on it? if so where do i send the money order and how much. i wonder how many mould buys are being held till dec that may be open.
charlie in sw mo

Willbird
11-18-2005, 01:30 PM
Well if your going to wait, I would prefer to know when exactly my check is going to be deposited ?? The keeper of the checking account will want to know is what I mean. I do not NEED that mold real fast.

But I hate to dissent, but I'd rather it go forward the "old" way if there is any chance the new deal will not actually happen.

Bill

grumble
11-18-2005, 01:36 PM
I'm Welsh, Enough said.

So, you're backing out of the deal? <GGG>

Jumptrap
11-18-2005, 02:11 PM
I'm Welsh, Enough said.

Does this mean you sing like Tom Jones?

waksupi
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
It seems in the group buy projects, there is one problem that seems to recur. People want to know when thier check will be cashed, so as to be able to keep thier check books squared away.

I will suggest in the future, people either send a money order, that isn't time sensitive, or for the honchos to cash the checks upon reciept. Actually, the money orders would be the most sensible, and safest all around.

Cayoot
11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Let's remember that the role of "Honcho" is a non-profit position.

That means that we need to keep his job as easy and hassle free as possible.

Thus I don't think that any honchos should ever be expected to send anyone a receipt.

[smilie=f:

Dr. A
11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
All Welshmen can sing, and I am cheap. :) Perhaps this phenomina is only known locally. :groner:

Willbird
11-18-2005, 04:02 PM
I had no problem with the normal deal as to a check, but I know the checks and balances dept. is going to want to know if the check is waiting until the 16th of next month, or has already been deposited.

Bill

Johnch
11-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I can wait .
Is the extra $$ going to be a problem returning it ?

If we wait I would suggest $ 2 of the savings per mold be sent in to fund the site .

Johnch

porkchop bob
11-18-2005, 04:31 PM
It seems in the group buy projects, there is one problem that seems to recur. People want to know when thier check will be cashed, so as to be able to keep thier check books squared away.

I will suggest in the future, people either send a money order, that isn't time sensitive, or for the honchos to cash the checks upon reciept. Actually, the money orders would be the most sensible, and safest all around.

Some comments for your consideration -

This handling of funds has problems at both ends.
_ Buyer wanting to know when the check will be cashed so he can insure funds are available.
_ Honcho keeping up with the postal money orders (pmo) and checks and in the case of the checks wondering if any will bounce because of the age.

The pmo adds about a dollar to the cost. I suggest it be cashed and deposited upon receipt. This will decreases chance of being lost or misplaced. As I recall, US Post Office charges $5 to verify pmo has been cashed and if not cashed, waits another 60 days before issuing a duplicate pmo. Who can wait 60 days?

On the other hand, a personal check, for most of us, does not cost anything to issue. If deposited upon receipt, there is little or no chance of it being lost or misplaced and the buyer can balance his checking account without having two, three or more group buy checks outstanding. If a check is lost in the mail, all we have is a little lost in time and the cost of a 1st class postage stamp. Even at that, it is less expensive than a pmo.

When I write a check, I expect it to be cashed within two weeks. Our group buys really are a disruption. My wife keeps the checking account and she is like a wet hen after trying to balance the monthly bank statement.

I have a checking and a savings account. If I was a Honcho, I would deposit the group buy checks and pmo into my savings account and later have the bank issue a cashier's check for the total to Lee. My wife and I share both accounts but the check book for the savings account is in the safe. Yes, she has access, but it not as easy. Not too much of a chance the savings account will ever be over-drawn.

If I was a Honcho for multiple group buys, I would use a separate deposit slip for the checks and pmo received for each group buy. The bank can always give you an image of the deposit slips if there is a fire or you are robbed.

That's my two cents.

Bob

Cayoot
11-18-2005, 04:55 PM
I agree, at least $1 per mold should be retained by the "Honcho".

If we want a refund of the money that is being saved through this process, we should at least bear the burden of paying for effort and expense that the Honcho is carrying.

Willbird
11-18-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm glad I don't have the only "wet Hen" around hehe. I sure don't want what I said to be mis-construed as mis-trust of any kind.

The 7-11 type MO are cheaper than usps, but it costs quite a bit to trace them, and it is a ROYAL pain to get $$ from one that got lost in the mail.

The three buys we have done so far we held the checks, kept them and the incoming envelopes in a seperate file, and then deposited 10-14 days prior to sending the check to LEE.

Bill

felix
11-18-2005, 06:25 PM
From my experience in moving money around quite often, check-21 allows the banks to hold money deposited for umpteen days, 4 officially, but 30 days is not unknown. The only time they cannot hold a check more than 4 days is one received via wire transfer. The bad news that wire transfers typically cost 20 bucks at the sending bank. Therefore, just do checks as normal as the cheapest way out. Any check, wire transfer, or whatever, is copied and sent to the feds when 10K or over. Naturally, we don't have to worry about that, but that gives the banks permission to play their games with YOUR money. ... felix

Junior1942
11-18-2005, 06:42 PM
I think a honcho should deposit the checks as soon as he gets them, and, of course, keep good records.

It's a bummer balancing a checkbook when there's a $56.00 check not cleared and listed 3 or 4 or more pages back in the check register.

AnthonyB
11-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Having just completed the BD45CM order (I think, I still don't have confirmation from a few folks and have gone to the squeaky wheel theory) dealing with the money was my #1 concern. I listed every check in a spreadsheet, made copies of every check, and checked both against the checks on hand at least once every few days. I was worried about losing a check, and became much more organized than I am in my own personal business operations. I have sent checks out for custom molds and then been surprised when the mold arrived - when did I order that one? Being on the receiving end raises the pucker factor a great deal because this board operates on trust. I think I understand the difficulties of checkbook balancing (wife does all that), but I know that 30 individuals trying to balance theirs is a small price for a honcho to pay to make sure he has everything right, with the ability to verify up until the last minute.
Tony

Mel-4857
11-18-2005, 09:26 PM
I can wait. Sounds like a good deal if the bugs are worked out. Money saved is more moulds for me. Mel

Ken O
11-18-2005, 09:49 PM
If you are going to wait, is it possible to still get in?

David R
11-18-2005, 10:25 PM
If you are going to wait, is it possible to still get in?

YES

More molds = more money = possible bigger discount

I don't mind holding the checks, I prefer to deposit them all at once, its easier for me. I keep em all in an envelope.

I didn't mind having an outstanding check for a few months. Last 2 I think I sent a Postal Money Order.

I will be glad when this is over. Prolly could do it again.

Look for a small surprise when your molds finally show up.

David

miamibanker
11-18-2005, 11:25 PM
I think that you already have a concensus. None the less, I'll add my vote to waiting for the consolidated order.

David R
11-18-2005, 11:37 PM
I think I have 48 checks. 25 yes is a majority. Poll will close in a few days, I only made it a 5 day.

Thanks for all your input. Anyone wanting to get in needs to send a money order, checks will still go in the bank on the 12-1-05.

David

alamogunr
11-19-2005, 12:47 AM
I don't think my vote is needed but since I don't have time to do any casting right now, I am in favor of waiting. The outstanding check issue is a non-issue for me since I track the checkbook and my wife writes them. Most of them anyway. I second the motion to take out at least $1 for this site.
John

Pawpaw
11-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Don't matter to me. I will defer to the majority. Have you cashed the checks yet? I just checked my online statement and I don't see it clearing yet.