PDA

View Full Version : WTB Mauser Rear Sight needed 30-06 Columbian

colonelsanders
09-29-2017, 08:18 AM
I have a Short Rifle Columbian Mauser marked R. Framage in 30-06. Has a big .30 stamped on the receiver and 30-06 go, no-go gauges check out nicely.

Problem is it is missing all the rear sight bits and I am having a great deal of difficulty finding the right bits. I the sight, sight ramp and sight spring.

Looking for the right rear sight parts if anyone has them. Tough to shoot the rifle without the rear sight. The standard K98 bits I had don't fit:(.

Der Gebirgsjager
09-29-2017, 09:04 AM
That's kind of a toughie. There aren't that many Columbians in circulation relative to some other Mausers. R. FAMAGE means Reformado Fabrica de Material de Guerra (Modified Factory of Military Equipment) and if yours is stamped with a year like 1952 that is when the rifle was converted from it's original 7.65mm caliber to .30-06 to utilize .30 ammo supplied by the U.S. in WW II. The rifles were made by FN in Belgium, and they produced rifles for many of the smaller Central/South American countries. So you'll likely need a sight from an FN produced rifle of that time period, but one from another country's contract, such as Venezuela, would probably be interchangeable. I have a whole 2 lb. coffee can full of take off sights, but they are mostly of Czech and Turk origin. If one of those might help I'd be willing to send you one.