PDA

View Full Version : I do not get it...

Stilly
09-28-2017, 04:59 AM
Are there any bad people here?

I have been here long enough to see a few folks here and there and everyone that I have ever dealt with has been cool.

I have not even seen any spam bots show up.

Heck, I have not even noticed any ADS popping up in the wrong forums.

Does that stuff happen here? Sorry. It is late and I am a different creature when it is late.

Every time I come to this site it seems as though it is like being in a library and everything is low key, but good info and knowledgeable posters and I enjoy being a contributing member for others.

So I thought I would ask where the Soylent green was at... :D

sawinredneck
09-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Yeah, pissing matches do happen time to time. I've had a few run ins. But it's funny here, you can be in an argument with a person in one thread, and they calmly offer suggestions to your problems in another?
I've really learned to respect and appreciate that about this place. There are a few, very few, that will carry a chip thread to thread, but the majority, it seems, the argument is there, not here.
If you really want the worst of this group, which really isn't that bad, go to the "Pit" and get into politics, or start a thread about how much better Dillon is vs Lee, hang on!

CASTER OF LEAD
09-28-2017, 06:29 AM
Yeah, pissing matches do happen time to time. I've had a few run ins. But it's funny here, you can be in an argument with a person in one thread, and they calmly offer suggestions to your problems in another?
I've really
If you really want the worst of this group, which really isn't that bad, go to the "Pit" and get into politics, or start a thread about how much better Dillon is vs Lee, hang on!
Isn't that the truth!! If that happens usually this follows:dung_hits_fan: - CASTER

Hickok
09-28-2017, 09:29 AM
I once shot a pigeon 12 times with a 9mm and it just flew off. Next time I used a .45 ACP and......never mind!:bigsmyl2:

sawinredneck
09-28-2017, 10:02 AM
I once shot a pigeon 12 times with a 9mm and it just flew off. Next time I used a .45 ACP and......never mind!:bigsmyl2:

You tard!

Stilly
09-28-2017, 01:26 PM
I've really learned to respect and appreciate that about this place. There are a few, very few, that will carry a chip thread to thread, but the majority, it seems, the argument is there, not here.

Heh. I thought it was a given that Lee was superior in every way. Who would even bother to argue that?

:D

Maybe it is just the commiefornia lifestyle that oozes into the other forum that makes people do what they do.

Being at this website/forum is like driving in an entirely different state.

Grmps
09-28-2017, 08:20 PM
The rules keep it clean. If a "pissing match escalates" the parties can get a warning, a suspension from the forum or be removed from the forum. Most enjoy this forum to much to let that happen BUT some have been given a vecation or perminantly removed.

The only person that can enact penalties on his own accord is No 1 the forum founder. The mods have group discussions before any penalties are exacted from them.

Hickory
09-28-2017, 08:35 PM
:popcorn:

GhostHawk
09-28-2017, 08:54 PM
It is a huge extended family. And like any family you get people who have squabbles.

For the most part it is handled in an adult manner.

Still it does help to remember to think twice before posting.

oldblinddog
09-28-2017, 09:52 PM
Think twice, then...don't post that thought.

dragon813gt
09-28-2017, 10:06 PM
No 1 the forum founder.

Not trying to take anything away from him but he's not the founder. He's the current owner of the forum.

To the OP. Stay away from the Pit and and muzzle loading forum and you won't see any drama. I still don't know what happened in the ML forum but a few people are gone.

Hickory
09-29-2017, 05:35 AM
stay away from the muzzle loading forum.
The muzzleloader fourm?
There are bad boys there too?

mozeppa
09-29-2017, 06:26 AM
Heh. I thought it was a given that Lee was superior in every way. Who would even bother to argue that?

:D

is not!....you take that back!:mad: :bigsmyl2:

JSnover
09-29-2017, 05:07 PM
The muzzleloader fourm?
There are bad boys there too?

You kiddin'? Front Stuffers are the WORST!

Hickory
09-29-2017, 05:44 PM
You kiddin'? Front Stuffers are the WORST!

What do they argue over, who has the biggest balls?

William Yanda
09-29-2017, 05:48 PM
"Heh. I thought it was a given that Lee was superior in every way." Stilly

And red to boot.

JSnover
09-29-2017, 09:45 PM
What do they argue over, who has the biggest balls?

That and the best way to ram the rod.

Smoke4320
10-01-2017, 09:29 PM
I like tacos :)

Ernest
10-01-2017, 10:46 PM
This has to be the coolest most civil forum on the internet.

Ernest
10-01-2017, 10:49 PM
I think it has to do with the extremely high IQ and knock out good looks :drinks:of the posters

No_1
10-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Not trying to take anything away from him but he's not the founder. He's the current owner of the forum.

To the OP. Stay away from the Pit and and muzzle loading forum and you won't see any drama. I still don't know what happened in the ML forum but a few people are gone.

This is true. Ken started the forum when the previous forum went tits up about ~15 years ago. I remember talking with him about the name "Castboolits" at the beginning then the discussion of the girl riding the cast boolit (her name is "Boolit") which turned out to be a big deal to some as they felt is was not "family orientated" (HA! - using our own rule against us). Anyway, about 6 years ago he turned it over to me. Willy is still around taking care of the Tech stuff.

The rules keep it clean. If a "pissing match escalates" the parties can get a warning, a suspension from the forum or be removed from the forum. Most enjoy this forum to much to let that happen BUT some have been given a vecation or perminantly removed.

The only person that can enact penalties on his own accord is No 1 the forum founder. The mods have group discussions before any penalties are exacted from them.

This is also true. We run a tight ship around here. There are 4 SuperMods: Preacher Jim, RP, HATCH, and Buckshot. There are 6 moderators: MaryB, ReloaderFred, ShooterAZ, Osteodoc08, JonB, and 1 orge. The ---> forum rules (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?345081-Forum-Rules&p=4172654#post4172654) <--- are pretty straight forward with 3 infraction levels. When a post is reported the mods hold a brief discussion then if agreed an infraction is issued.

To be totally honest it's the members that makes this place - without them what would we have?

Take care,
Robert

runfiverun
10-08-2017, 09:01 PM
Boolette, actually.

beechbum444
10-08-2017, 11:27 PM
I read this post and had to comment. This was the first "shooting" forum that I subscribed too. I agree that the general theme and nature of everything is very old school and good. The amount of info here is beyond any book ive read and almost anyone ive talked to about the hobbies we share. I have gotten to the point to where I don't doubt or second guess some of the info that I get on here about reloading, firearms, casting ...etc....great environment for learning about the subjects that are discussed on here . thanks to all that contribute.

Shumkles
10-14-2017, 10:41 PM
I have learned a lot of new stuff reading these posts

Kosh75287
10-14-2017, 10:52 PM
So I thought I would ask where the Soylent green was at... I don't think we use much of that, here. SCOTCH, on the other hand...

trails4u
10-14-2017, 10:52 PM
This is true. Ken started the forum when the previous forum went tits up about ~15 years ago. I remember talking with him about the name "Castboolits" at the beginning then the discussion of the girl riding the cast boolit (her name is "Boolit") which turned out to be a big deal to some as they felt is was not "family orientated" (HA! - using our own rule against us). Anyway, about 6 years ago he turned it over to me. Willy is still around taking care of the Tech stuff.

This is also true. We run a tight ship around here. There are 4 SuperMods: Preacher Jim, RP, HATCH, and Buckshot. There are 6 moderators: MaryB, ReloaderFred, ShooterAZ, Osteodoc08, JonB, and 1 orge. The ---> forum rules (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?345081-Forum-Rules&p=4172654#post4172654) <--- are pretty straight forward with 3 infraction levels. When a post is reported the mods hold a brief discussion then if agreed an infraction is issued.

To be totally honest it's the members that makes this place - without them what would we have?

Take care,
Robert

Can you say 'tits up' without an infraction?? :) :) :) :)

Just yankin' your chain, boss..... Love this place!!

Minerat
10-14-2017, 10:56 PM
I like tacos :)

Me too!