PDA

View Full Version : Smith and Wesson Customer Servic is A+

buckwheatpaul
09-20-2017, 10:03 PM
Bought S & W Model 48-2 several years ago and never shot it very much due to the non-existent ammo.....got to shoot it last week and discovered one of the brass was split from the mouth to about the midpoint of the brass.....thought it was a bad run...so went and thoroughly cleaned it and today I shot the revolver (with the same brand of ammo - Winchester 40 gr. HP) one shot at a time and discovered one cylinder ruptured 8 out of 9 times and the other 5 cylinders were perfect.....so I called Smith and Wesson Customer Service' was on hold for 30 seconds; and on the line with the technician for about 20 minutes as I explained exactly what was going on with the weapon and what I did to find out which cylinder was fouling up. The technician listened to me and he then told me that he would send me a prepaid label to return the weapon to them for service. Sure enough the label showed up on my email and tomorrow the weapon is in route to S & W for inspection and repair....I cant tell you how impressed I was with the professional and wanting to help attitude that I got from the technician.....

Will post the updates as they occur....just wanting my Model 48 back in the fold....it is wickedly accurate!

woodbutcher
09-21-2017, 11:16 PM
:) I`ll go along for the ride.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

skeettx
09-21-2017, 11:25 PM
Good luck
Interested!!
Mike

TCFAN
09-22-2017, 12:29 AM
I had a S&W 14-6 that I bought new 19 years ago.That revolver never had a factory load shot in it,nothing but 3.2 grs of Bullseye and a 148 gr. wadcutter.It was very accurate for the 19 years that I had it and shot thousands of rounds through it.The last day that I had it out shooting targets it started spitting lead and would not stay on the paper at 25 yards.

I E-mailed S&W and told them what the gun was doing and they replied quickly that they would need to see it and a shipping label would be E-mailed to me.I sent the gun in and they phoned me a few week later and said that it was not repairable and that since it was covered by their Life Time Warranty I could choose any hand gun I wanted to replace it.This took me completely off guard.All I wanted was a revolver to shoot bullseye targets with so I picked a 686 6 shot 6 inch that has proven to be every bit as accurate as my old 14-6. The tag that came with the 686 said that it was made on a Wednesday
and I got the following Friday. I am very much a S&W fan......

smoked turkey
09-22-2017, 08:09 AM
This is GREAT news. I have always been a fan of S&W, threw thin and thick times. Thanks for letting us know.

Thin Man
09-22-2017, 09:31 AM
I hope you found a way to "mark" the errant chamber so the tech could get right to the issue at hand. That said, I suspect the factory will examine, measure, test fire, etc every chamber in that cylinder. Isn't it a pleasure to own a firearm where the maker guarantees their work for more than a year, and to whom ever is the current owner. Nice.

richbug
09-22-2017, 10:34 AM
Wait till you get the bill and see if you feel the same. Buddy just got back his 39 from having an extractor done, well over $200. No one had the extractors but S&W, and they won't sell you one., you have to send them the gun.