PDA

View Full Version : The lost

Boaz
09-19-2017, 07:31 PM
What are we come to ?
My heart goes out to the lost , the self indulgent . I grew up in a time GOD was revered , GOD was to be considered . In my childhood GOD was mentioned every day , people knew GOD . Inadvertently as a child I was taught that some did not know him .

It is different now , MANY do not know him . They wander , they are lost they try to find comfort from the world through the world and no comfort will be found . Satan attacks the weak , the unknowing .

Should they know it is choice , should they not know him...it is all they know . It was so easy for me the way pointed out . But now .........?

Mention his name , tell them , scripture is not necessary , wittiness to you life with him . Just talk .

The young do not have anything to gage by .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VASywEuqFd8

Boaz
09-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Do you feel lost ? There is no need to feel that way . There are those here that care .. Speak up You might be surprised . GOD loves us all . We are all searching .

Boaz
09-19-2017, 09:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VASywEuqFd8

GhostHawk
09-19-2017, 09:42 PM
I feel for them. So many are empty inside. They watched their grandparents and their parents chase earthly pleasures. Houses, cars, toys. But there is no lasting satisfaction with those.

Heck people get married and never really commit to making it work. They never give 100%. And then they get divorced after a few months or a few years when the new wears off. The lust dies down, and they are heartsick. And they do not know why.

Yes they are lost, and my heart bleeds for them. The worst of it is most of them are locked into the same fruitless search for fulfillment, and searching in the wrong places.

And they do not want to listen to anyone.

But eventually even the most stubborn proud man when he is starving will get beat down to the point that they will listen.

We have to remember to be gentle. To guide them onto the path, to hold their hands as they take those first steps.

buckwheatpaul
09-20-2017, 06:56 AM
The inner peace that I know when God is in control is so important. Learning to turn it over to God is hard but the results are so wonderful. It gives you hope and peace and a faith that God will take care of you if you do your part....invite Him in!

dverna
09-20-2017, 09:26 AM
Charlie, many do not even know they are lost. And some that do, look at drugs or alcohol instead.

Boaz
09-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Don you are right . Though there are churches everywhere , millions of Christians scattered across this country there are many that do not know him . This should get us in gear to let them know , it's our responsibility to do it given by Christ in the great commission . Witnessing is so easy in our daily lives with a minimal amount of effort .

Those who choose the short term 'pleasures' of this world over knowing him will in fact reap what they sow..which is nothing . But he will take them back just for asking and repentance . We believe in a loving and merciful GOD .

Preacher Jim
09-21-2017, 11:40 AM
Charlie there are groups meeting to sing a bunch of music and there are churches who serve Jesus and follow his commandments to love, witness and serve him.
The problem is everybody thinks witnessing is scary truth is it is Just sharing what Jesus is doing in your life today. He not doing anything for you?
Maybe you don't know him or the unconfessed sin is stopping him, ask him.

Boaz
09-21-2017, 12:25 PM
I agree Jim , most think they don't know enough scripture . When I'm witnessing I never use scripture unless it's to another Christian that will understand it . I'll tell a story this evening when I get off work . A story of a personal experience back in the 70's that went wrong and drove a family away from GOD .

Boaz
09-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Year would have been 75 or 76 , I belonged to a big church that turned into a mega church . Back then members would visit people in their homes by request . They were thinking about changing churches or maybe searching for GOD and trying to figure out the maze of belief and doctrines ..them being unknowing .

My standard approach was to be honest , to encourage questions , to be friendly . I NEVER carried a bible in their home and if I needed it I had one in the truck , I tried hard not to intimidate . In my way of thinking this was a ..get to know you ..situation . Should they require scripture for whatever reason If I didn't have it memorized I got my bible . If I could not answer a question I told them I would get an answer for them or find another to give it . I NEVER applied any pressure [still don't] to attend my church . I wanted a visit to be a good experience for them and I enjoyed it . If they wanted to attend a service I offered to meet them at the entrance and sit with them , going to a church or a new church can be scary for many .

A BAD WITNESSING .
I was teamed up to visit with a guy that was egotistical , a blow hard , idiot , self indulgent jerk . I only passed and repassed with him . We were in the young adult singles class .
I drove , we went to a young couples home , they were bout our age and had two cute kids ..one bout three and a carrying baby . It was obvious they had no money but she offered Kool-Aid or tea , they were trying to be social and nice . I could tell they knew nothing about GOD , they were uneasy and didn't know what to expect . I played with the toddler asking his name and goofing around with him trying to make him laugh . I asked them simple questions , where do you work , talking and sharing about family ..just every day talk . During this my 'partner' threw down and said ..LET US PRAY !
I tried to lead the conversation , I tried to just be normal . The one I was teamed up with was spewing scripture they had no idea what meant from the King James bible he kept open . I got madder and madder , He was driving them away , I saw they wanted this to be over but tried to be nice . Eventually I shut it down , I like them was sick of it . I tried to salvage the situation but I feared to no end . Total failure . I felt so bad .

When I and this jerk got in my old 67 Custom I unloaded on him ! I worked in the oilfield back then so will not repeat what I said but I was mad as hell . I never heard from this family , I still remember . I often have wondered if they found a church , if they found GOD .

Boaz
09-22-2017, 08:28 AM
Fortunately that was a rare experience , witnessing is enjoyable if you just make it part of your life . It's not hard to ask in a conversational way what church someone belongs to . It's not hard to say ..Looks like our Lord is going to give us another nice day today ! If GOD is in your life it's simple to tell others like Jim said how he has worked in your life .
Many times you will be rewarded when you find a believer and both simply give praise to him . It happens daily for me , giving each other conformation of him , sharing experiences . Just like here in the Chapel .