PDA

View Full Version : WTS: Ruger Old Army Project

Jokester
09-19-2017, 07:51 AM
I'm trying to sell my mess of a Ruger Old Army that was going to be my summer project. It seems to be a fixed sight short barrel model with a long barrel that came off an adjustable sight added on.

I also have the adjustable model frame, the short barrel (with front sight post broken off), the loading lever and catch (screw for latch is missing), a spare hammer and pawl, as well as I think a pawl spring. Missing the grips, but I have the box with no paperwork but the serial number matches the fixed sight frame. Seems to have never been shot, no rust or major scratches. Little rust on the threads for the short barrel.

Trying to get $700 or so as that is near how much I paid. I need the money for a Marlin I found though so I am absolutely open to any offers.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RbSiX

Thank you.

missionary5155
09-19-2017, 08:20 AM
Good morning
If you decide to sell the short barrel, ajustable sight frame, parts and lever separate I would be happy to buy them. Save me the time chopping one of my revolvers down next June.

Jokester
09-19-2017, 10:36 AM
Absolutely! I'll PM you.

Jokester
09-19-2017, 10:37 AM
Good morning
If you decide to sell the short barrel, ajustable sight frame, parts and lever separate I would be happy to buy them. Save me the time chopping one of my revolvers down next June.

Absolutely! I'll message you.

bedbugbilly
09-19-2017, 11:27 AM
Looks like a good project for someone! Maybe if you called Ruger, boxed it up and sent it back, they'd "repair" it. . . . then again, probably not. Just a "passing thought" though and at my age, I have a lot of those! LOL ;-)

Jokester
09-19-2017, 12:32 PM
Looks like a good project for someone! Maybe if you called Ruger, boxed it up and sent it back, they'd "repair" it. . . . then again, probably not. Just a "passing thought" though and at my age, I have a lot of those! LOL ;-)

I thought it'd be a good project too. Got a 45 revolver barrel kit and vise from brownells, deeper gauges, and made a custom action wrench too. Just bit off too much

Jokester
09-19-2017, 01:03 PM
Sorry everyone I'm posting from my mobile device and it couple posted