PDA

View Full Version : If you have kids, or grandkids ...

Wayne Smith
09-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Take a look at Familiesmanagingmedia.com. It is a large site all about how media affects the developing brain and ideas for using that understanding with developing minds.

We were on vacation at the Moses Cone Park along the Blue Ridge Parkway (VA/NC) and were hiking the Flat Top trail. At the top we started talking with this guy who was there. He is a deacon in a PCA (Presbyterian Church in America) in Charlotte and we attend a similar church in Virginia Beach. He is involved in the above organization and told us about it. I have passed it on to both of our children (grandchildren all below 6yrs old at this time).

It is well worth studying if you are raising children or someone you care about is doing so.

Bzcraig
09-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Thanks Wayne

Handloader109
09-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Wayne, Thank you. This should be READ and FOLLOWED by all parents of kids under the age of 21. Cell phones i.e. smartphones are most likely the bane of our existence.
There really is NO reason for anyone not driving to have one. No, they DON'T need it. May want it, but need is different than want.

Here is a good page from the above site. Good qualifications for need.

http://www.familiesmanagingmedia.com/cell-phones/

Wayne Smith
10-06-2017, 12:22 PM
It's way more than cell phones. The shoot-um-up games they play are exactly what the Army uses to train soldiers to kill. These games are training our kids to kill. Not all, or even many will, but those with little ego strength ...

DCP
10-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Thanks so much

Love Life
10-06-2017, 07:56 PM
It's way more than cell phones. The shoot-um-up games they play are exactly what the Army uses to train soldiers to kill. These games are training our kids to kill. Not all, or even many will, but those with little ego strength ...

"On Killing" is a wonderful read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wayne Smith
10-07-2017, 07:46 AM
So is "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker.

Love Life
10-07-2017, 10:37 AM
So is "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker.

I'll look that one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk