PDA

View Full Version : Using a lubrisizer with a tumble lube bullet

lordgroom
08-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I have a tumble lube bullet and I am wondering what will happen if instead of tumble lubing I run it thru a Lyman 45. Will this work?

I prefer the voodoo lube to the sticky LLA, so i was wondering about feasibility. Thanks in advance.

GabbyM
08-07-2008, 12:11 AM
It's done all the time. works so they say.
If you already own a sizer then I'd recomend it.

Newtire
08-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Yup,
I do it and it works great as has been mentioned. I also use the tumble lube LLA on regular lube groove boolits. I'm sure many many others do the same.

Jimlakeside
08-07-2008, 09:15 AM
It didn't work for me. I purchased the Lee mold TL356-124-2R . It has very small lube groves. When I ran it through my Lyman 450 sizer it collapsed the groves. I should have seen it coming, (rookie mistake) it leaded my barrel from head to toe. So I would say that it depends on the bullet grove and the size of the bullet after it's been sized. Try an few and measure the bullet to make sure they are not too small. I still have over 200 to pull.

Larry Gibson
08-07-2008, 11:44 AM
As mentioned, TL bullets have small grooves so if you size too much the grooves will smear away. I lube TL bullets all the time in a Lyman 450. I size and lube them as close to "as cast" as possible or at least size very little. Then with the lube groves filled you can size down further if you want. The lube in the groves cant compress and the lube groves do not wipe away. All sizing within reason of course. E.g. I regularly take TL314-90-SWCs down from as cast at .314-.315 to .312 and .311.

Larry Gibson