PDA

View Full Version : Lost a cherished buddy..........

3006guns
09-16-2017, 09:19 PM
My not so bright, but faithful little boxer Beau is gone. He developed a bad limp in his right front leg that got worse and worse. No sign of any wound, but it suddenly swelled up hideously so the vet put him on antibiotics. The swelling subsided, revealing that the muscles in that shoulder were gone......just his shoulder blade poking out. Within a few days he started to appear gaunt, but still gamely hobbled along with me around the house. One more trip to the vet, but they were stumped as to the cause so I asked that they put him down. I made sure that I stared into his eyes as I promised that we would meet again. When we do, he rides "shotgun" with the window down like always. He lowered his head and was gone. Ten years of loyalty and fun.

I really miss the little guy and I swear, in the early morning darkness I can hear his collar jingling somewhere in the house.

Good-bye buddy. I'll see you on the other side.

castalott
09-16-2017, 09:24 PM
yep...I understand.... i still miss my black and tan/ foxhound mix 'Jughead'.... Smartest and most loving dog I ever saw...

shooter2
09-16-2017, 09:24 PM
It's a hard thing to do. Stay strong and remember rainbow bridge.

bedbugbilly
09-16-2017, 09:45 PM
Never an easy thing to do but the greatest gift of love you can give. Never have any doubt that he is with you and that the two of you will be reunited - I'm a firm believer in that. Thoughts and prayers your way from a fellow dog lover . . . . yoy'll know when the time is right and there will be another one who'll need your love and devotion.

DCP
09-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Sorry for your loss. We lost 2 in a little less than 3 yrs. We got another Puppy, she is 3 now it helps with the loss

opos
09-17-2017, 02:47 PM
Sorry for your loss..the vet gave us a little "word" at that time some years ago..he said the love of a pet knows no bounds and if roles were reversed and the little buddy had to make the choice about his/her owner...if the owner were suffering..they would immediately do the logical and loving thing and end the suffering.
The most loving thing they could do for us.

MaryB
09-17-2017, 08:18 PM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

douglasskid
09-17-2017, 08:24 PM
Sorry for your loss, they are some of the best friends a person can have.

texasnative46
09-17-2017, 08:24 PM
MaryB,

Our people believe that when we "walk on" that we will be reunited with all the people & animals that we loved in The Happy Hunting Grounds & that both have been restored to youth & health.
(I suspect that my old Maxamilla, whom I liked much better than most people, will be awaiting my arrival there wondering "Where have you been? You've missed out on many a GREAT adventure.")

yours, tex

Ithaca Gunner
09-18-2017, 11:10 AM
It's sad they grow old so soon. I've had many an adventure with Boxers, Bulldogs, Golden Retrievers, Collies, and just plain mutts. Loved em all like kids and miss each and every one of em. What a reunion it will be when I catch up to them all!

The first dog I ever knew was apparently a bit more special to me than my little brother. I guess I figured he deserved my brother's bottle more than my brother did! After all, the dog was a valuable working cow dog and my brother didn't really contribute much at that age...(so the story goes).

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn179/krag1894/001_zpse517ae1c.jpg

I lost this good girl a few months ago. Lady was the only companion left to help me remove the flags from Veterans graves in November from the local cemeteries. All the neighbors and friends of our gang of Vets had passed a few years prior. She never desecrated a grave and always walked close by without making a sound. She was the best dog I ever had, just a Border Collie mix I rescued from an abusive owner. Thank God we had thirteen good years together.

Hickok
09-18-2017, 11:13 AM
My deepest feeling for you at the lost of your friend and companion.

Maineboy
09-18-2017, 07:30 PM
I too am sorry or your loss. I've gone through that 4 times and will have to again soon, as our 12 year old golden retriever is really aging fast. This time it will be harder to part due to the six grandchildren who love him as much as we do. He is the same age as our oldest grandchild so they all have never known life without him and none of them has experienced the loss of a pet. I pray we have a few more years with "PJ" but the reality is we probably won't.

osteodoc08
09-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Deepest sympathy at the loss of a friend and companion. I promise you that you will hear his collar jingle from time to time. I swear I still do my dog Scouts.

MaryB
09-18-2017, 09:40 PM
Every so often it feels like my cat Tigger who died a year ago brushes up against me, he would curl his tail up against my leg as he walked by in a way neither of the other 2 cats do.

Landy88
09-19-2017, 02:57 AM
The relationship between dog and man is so old, strong, and vital to both; that I am not sure that we, actually, lose them in the way of other things. Each of our dogs are so etched on our minds and hearts that they are always with us.

Lloyd Smale
09-19-2017, 05:47 AM
ive got a very special one waiting up there for me too. It was as hard loosing him as it was loosing a family member because in fact he was my other son!! I feel for you today.

bensonwe
09-19-2017, 05:53 AM
Very sorry for your loss. I lost SAM 1 1/2 years ago. Still tear up thinking of him. Dogs are so loyal, again sorry for your loss.

lightman
09-19-2017, 06:47 AM
Sorry for your loss. Time makes it easier but does not cure it.

3006guns
09-26-2017, 05:04 PM
I hadn't checked this thread since my original post....

Thank you everyone, for your kind thoughts and words. It's good to know there are others out there like me.........

Boaz
09-27-2017, 04:06 PM
It's a hard loss , they are like children . But we have the memories they left us . Sorry you lost your friend .

woodbutcher
09-27-2017, 04:36 PM
:( Yes they are like a special member of the family,and they are sorely missed.Right now my Morris is sitting in my lap watching the computer screen waiting for another video to be selected,yeah he is spoiled rotten.Sorry for your loss.
Leo

MaryB
09-27-2017, 11:02 PM
My 14 month old 25 pound, 24 inch long kitten Oliver is parked on the back of my chair with his head on my shoulder, occasionally trying to chew on my earring...