PDA

View Full Version : LOL Glad to be back

Johnch
09-15-2017, 09:20 PM
I had some computer problems and the FREE fix needed extra time with a trip to a local collage

Also while I was waiting for the "Fix"
I collected Chestnuts from my trees and from 2 other peoples trees
I cut the tops off over 300 2 liter pop bottles , drilled holes in them for drainage and filled them with good dirt from
So I could plant the nuts

I planted nuts in the bottles and put the bottles in rows , with the bottles each in a hole dug in the garden

I hope to get 1/2 of the nuts to grow , so I can plant young trees in my woods and Dads woods

Also I have not turned on the TV in over 2 months now and IMO I might leave it unplugged

Lots of reading to do , so Have fun

John

richhodg66
09-15-2017, 09:33 PM
How fast do chestnut trees grow? Been thinking of planting something that would grow big besides cottonwoods.

Bzcraig
09-15-2017, 09:56 PM
How the migraines doing?

Johnch
09-16-2017, 12:12 AM
How fast do chestnut trees grow? Been thinking of planting something that would grow big besides cottonwoods.

About as fast as a Maple
But Nowhere as fast as a Cottonwood
Chestnut likes semi well drained land
But the normal Cottonwoods I see are in wet areas , so if your land is wet or semi wet the Chestnuts would not grow well there

John

Johnch
09-16-2017, 12:14 AM
How the migraines doing?

BAD !!

They are sending me to a new Doc that deals mostly with Trama induced Migraines ( What I have )

Hope the best
But who knows

John

lightman
09-16-2017, 05:51 AM
Good to see ya back. Good Luck with the new Doc, hope he can help you.

FISH4BUGS
09-16-2017, 07:58 AM
Also I have not turned on the TV in over 2 months now and IMO I might leave it unplugged
John
My son and I took our TV to the range and we machine gunned it, and finished it off with a Serbu Super Shorty 20 ga. What a liberating moment!
That was 25 years ago. Don't miss it a bit.
You would be surprised how much you can get done without a TV!
....and yes, we cleaned up the mess.

bedbugbilly
09-16-2017, 09:40 PM
Good luck with the new Doc John and hope he/she can help.

I have fond memories of collecting chestnuts from my grandparents's tree. Hopefully most of your seeds and plantings will grow! The one sign of water in NM and AZ are the cottonwoods.

William Yanda
09-16-2017, 09:46 PM
Welcome Back!

woodbutcher
09-16-2017, 10:14 PM
:grin: From what I learned from my Grand Father,where you find weeping willows,there is usually water within 50 feet of the surface.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo