PDA

View Full Version : The SHARE act is going to a vote in the house!

AbitNutz
09-15-2017, 10:09 AM
The SHARE act (Sportsmen's Heritage and Recreational Enhancement Act or the SHARE Act) has made it out of committee and is now going for a vote in the house. After that it goes to the Senate and then, if that passes, for Trump to sign.

Odds are it won't make it will make it through the House but not the Senate...but at least there's a chance.

The SHARE act would, among other things, remove silencers from the NFA and make them over the counter sales.

This is a huge step forward....write your Senators and Congressman.

Geezer in NH
09-15-2017, 07:42 PM
To me it seems the KISS of Death to the silencer act

runfiverun
09-15-2017, 10:00 PM
is anything else going in?
if there is a bill to raise the spending limit this could get tagged on the back and go through.

Boolit_Head
09-15-2017, 10:22 PM
That is kinda what happened with the HPA. It and a few others got consolidated into the SHARE act.

Finster101
09-15-2017, 10:39 PM
It'll never happen.

AbitNutz
09-16-2017, 12:24 AM
Oh yee of little faith. The SHARE act has all kinds of good things in it regarding public shooting ranges, hunting, etc. Removing the silencer from the NFA and making it a class one is just a very small part of it. A similar bill passed the Senate last year but without the silencer part...it croaked on its way to the house.

I think the fact that the bill passed the Senate was what prompted resurrecting it and adding it the silencer provision. The people doing this are kind of slick. They're saying pass this or we'll go for the SHUSH act which classifies silencers the same as a table lamp or hub cap, with no background check at all. At least the SHARE act requires them to run a background check, like a firearm.

waksupi
09-16-2017, 10:33 AM
It passed the House, now off to the Senate.

Smoke4320
09-16-2017, 10:46 AM
It should pass the senate without issue as they passed similar bill last year ..
I am holding out hope .. that Class 3 license (SOT) would go in the dumper for me at that point

AbitNutz
09-16-2017, 12:59 PM
It passed the House, now off to the Senate.

No it didn't...that was the 2016 Bill HR 2406. The new one is Bill HR 3668. It'll likely get through the house but the Senate is a different story. A similar bill did pass the Senate last year but it didn't have the piece to remove silencers from the NFA like this one does.