PDA

View Full Version : Irma

starmac
09-07-2017, 02:43 PM
It seems Florida is taking this one very serious. My cousin runs a division of a major tree trimming company in Texas and is now on his way to Florida with several crews.

Listening to the news on Florida this morning, all the keys and several other counties are under mandatory evacuation orders. While they are saying that all of Florida will likely be hit, they are also saying there is no need to leave the state and asking people to just buy enough gas to get them to the closest safe definition. They are also saying that there will be more mandatory evacuations as the storm progresses, so sounds to me like those going to the closest safe place, just may need more gas to evacuate again right in the thick of things. I am pretty sure I would fill up and try my best to get out of the storms path, if I needed to leave home.

1911sw45
09-07-2017, 04:47 PM
My stepson got called today. He's being deployed to Florida on Saturday. He's in the Guard. Hope everyone in the path can stay safe.

starmac
09-07-2017, 04:51 PM
A friend of ours niece is in the keys, and is not allowed to leave because of her position. When she first went down there she was military, but iirc she is now a civilian and has something to do with the 911 emergency system. I sure hope they have a safe place for her, not a place I would like to ride out much of a storm at.

Finster101
09-07-2017, 04:52 PM
That's if you plan on leaving. I'll shelter in place thank you. I'm on a well and have a standby generator. I think the house will be fine, the barn may not. No animals in the barn just stuff. Just watching for now, not much else you can do. Beautiful weather today, rode the Harley to work and might get to tomorrow as well

starmac
09-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Hope you stay safe, I have been all over that sandbar some folks call solid ground and would be the first to take a vacation with a storm of this magnitude headed my way. lol

No_1
09-07-2017, 05:53 PM
The storm is definitely coming. The models predict it coming up the east side of the state possibly passing right by however there will be damage as well as flooding. I request members keep everyone in the path in their prayers. In the last couple of weeks there have been fund raisers for victims of the Texas storm. If you wish to do so again by all means feel free.

Take care,
Robert

Finster101
09-07-2017, 06:38 PM
Well things just got brighter. The Wife came home with a half barrel of Sam Adams Octoberfest for the kegerator. All jesting aside, most of our family in the area plan on coming here, it's not many of us. We have prepared the best we can and that is all we can do. No point in worrying, just deal with what happens. This isn't my first hurricane, I take them serious but don't go nuts.

MyFlatline
09-07-2017, 07:12 PM
It's gonna be a ride for sure. Couldn't leave now if you wanted to, no fuel. Prayin for the best.

GhostHawk
09-07-2017, 09:01 PM
Best of luck to you people down there.

runfiverun
09-07-2017, 09:36 PM
the governor said leave and leave now.
your on your own if you don't, and they ain't coming to get you.

just to put the storm in perspective.
this one is twice as big and half the speed as Andrew and going up the populated cities not across the swamp.

fivefang
09-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Flatline, yeah, I got friends in Dunellin & Inverness & snorcheld the Rainbow, praying for all of you, Fivefang

Love Life
09-07-2017, 10:27 PM
We are evacuating Parris Island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyFlatline
09-08-2017, 05:06 PM
Flatline, yeah, I got friends in Dunellin & Inverness & snorcheld the Rainbow, praying for all of you, Fivefang

Thanks, Lived in Inverness years ago. The Rainbow is a beautiful River, all of em were like that here not to long ago.

bdicki
09-08-2017, 05:42 PM

I shoot trap and skeet at Robinsons Ranch.

MaryB
09-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Stay safe everyone! Evacuate if you can!

Finster101
09-08-2017, 09:53 PM
I'm n Ft. Myers. Looks like the track is shifting more towards us. Just have to stay put and keep our heads down. Good luck to everyone!

timspawn
09-08-2017, 10:16 PM
I'm in Cape Coral and we are staying too.

osteodoc08
09-08-2017, 10:49 PM
Stay safe everyone. I was down there the year Katrina hit in SW FL. We had 3 hurricanes that year. None of them near as nasty as Irma. We're projected to get hit here in NWGA with all the projected paths putting it over us and we're only supposed to have a tropical storm level here. I'm not looking forward to it. I did use it as an excuse to stock up on some camping stuff. At Lowes and HD, ALL the chainsaws and generators were gone. I can live a few days in PBJ so I'm not too concerned unless a tree bashes through my house.

Enough of my idle rambling.

To all our brothers and sisters in harms way. Be careful and prayers sent.

Preacher Jim
09-09-2017, 03:29 PM
We are expanding relief drives to include those hit by this storm please watch Boaz posts as we work out places best equipped to get help there fast and long term

koehn,jim
09-09-2017, 04:33 PM
I will add you to my prayers.

ambergrifleman
09-09-2017, 05:38 PM
I am sitting here in a McDonalds watching the Weather Channel. Praying for You all in Florida. God Bless.

holsterguy
09-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Our son and his girlfriend live in Clearwater. He's stubborn as a mule just like his old man. They've only been there a couple years, but are determined to ride it out. They've sure got everybody worried. Just hope the Lord helps them out!

OS OK
09-10-2017, 10:40 AM
If he survives this one...no one will ever have to tell him to get out of the way again!