PDA

View Full Version : photobucket pictures?????

abunaitoo
09-06-2017, 06:11 PM
Now that almost everyone has stopped using photobucket, what is happening to all the pictures?????
Noticed all the old threads that have pictures cannot be viewed anymore.
I'm sure glad I never used them.

OS OK
09-06-2017, 06:15 PM
I wish they'd re-do the forum photo system. I have to go back and delete pictures from older threads to do new threads.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-06-2017, 06:16 PM
Photobucket...
if they don't blink, I suspect they will disappear.

dragon813gt
09-06-2017, 06:27 PM
Now that almost everyone has stopped using photobucket, what is happening to all the pictures?????
Noticed all the old threads that have pictures cannot be viewed anymore.
I'm sure glad I never used them.

A couple things are happening. You have people like myself that migrated pics over to another hosting site. They will use new links moving forward. And this could be where it stops. I went back and edited the dead photo links in a couple of threads. But the threads are to numerous to edit them all. And then you have people that aren't doing anything at all.

Photobucket has essentially killed a lot of forums. The amount of DIY threads they killed is staggering. This is a big deal for automotive forums. They get a lot of hits from people wanting to repair something on their vehicle. The usefulness of the forums is diminished w/ out the pics.

Over time things will work themselves out. This is assuming the new hosting sites don't pull the same stunt Photobucket did. People need to go back and edit their posts w/ new photo links. But I don't expect this to happen. I'd have to go through fifteen years of posts, somewhere around 30k posts, on one automotive forum alone. That won't be happening.

MaryB
09-06-2017, 10:22 PM
I went to imgur for photos going forward. To go back and edit hundreds of posts and replace pictures isn't happening!

Photobucket is now struggling, many have told them where to stick their $400 a year fee including me! I suspect as a company they will fold soon.

Geezer in NH
09-06-2017, 11:36 PM
Gone unless ransom is paid. Do not be that stupid please.

Boaz
09-07-2017, 12:54 PM
I managed to struggle about half the pictures off Photobucket and moved to imgur . I like imgur..easy to use !

Boaz
09-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Just a second thought . I never looked but does imgur have a limit on pictures stored ?

kingstrider
09-09-2017, 11:00 AM
I also moved to Imgur but as a FU to photo bucket I uploaded thousands more photos just to tie up their storage. Screw them, I hope they crash and burn for trying to extort hundreds of dollars from every person just to do 3rd party hosting.