PDA

View Full Version : Chapel

Boaz
09-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Chapel seems unresponsive , never would have thought it . Can't figure it out but is want it is .

Preacher Jim
09-04-2017, 06:29 AM
I am shocked never seen folks so quiet they must be praying for how much to help?

square butte
09-04-2017, 07:44 AM
I think there is much overwhelm in the world right now

GhostHawk
09-04-2017, 08:18 AM
I can speak for no one else.

But I do have a couple of things to say.

I am old 64 coming up fast on 65, in poor health. Or I would be headed to texas to help.

We are above water, no debt, but every month the prices go up, and we get no increase in what is coming in. So we are ok, but we have no excess.

I am doing what I can where I am. And that is all I can do.

Praying is not going to fix the troubles of the people impacted by Harvey.
They are going to have to do that themselves. It is going to be a LONG HARD SLOG.

I have lived through flood several times in my life. It ain't pretty.
And the work has not really even started yet.

So while I feel sorry for those people, and I have lifted prayers for them.
I really don't see that posting thread after thread after thread crying for help is doing a lot. Actually It just ends up making me skip over them faster, without even reading them.

I am not naming names, I am not upset, I am not angry with anyone.

But that is the way I feel. And I felt you had the right to know how I feel.

I am NOT asking for anything to change.

I have been through it, and I know the pain and the heartache. I know the stench of cleaning up a flooded house. The endless back breaking work.

Those people are going to need help and support. Bring them here, give them a place to speak. To vent their troubles and frustrations. We will do what we can do.

But wringing your hands and calling on the Lord is not going to fix this.

Neighbors picking up tools and working with neighbor is what it is going to take.
And the water has to go down first.

The other thing you need to keep in mind. This is going to adversely effect every person in the USA. Gas and oil prices are going to rise. Company's are going to stop producing product that is needed. There will be scarcity's and shortfalls of vital supply's. Even things as common as 2x4 studs and sheet rock and sheet rock screws.

Even those of us not in the area are going to be effected.

Pine Baron
09-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Ah yes, "the face of adversity", brings out the best and worse in all of us. We can only do what God leads us to.

Psalm 121King James Version (KJV)

121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.

4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.

8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

claude
09-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Chapel seems unresponsive

Perhaps you should search "wild fires" western US and find out why, Oregon has 25 active fires covering 400,000 acres, California has 22 active fires, Washington state has 19 active fires, Idaho has 22 active fires, New Mexico 5 active fires, Wyoming 3 active fires, Colorado 8 active fires, .....

We have people losing homes, being displaced and in shelters, the old saying "bloom where you're planted" weighs on many peoples minds, and we are scrambling to help our own.

God is fully aware of what is happening, and I'm sure He has everything well in hand whether it appears that way to us or not.

Mat 10:29-31 KJV Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. (30) But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. (31) Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

The Boss has it under control;

Luk 12:5-8 KJV But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him. (6) Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? (7) But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows. (8) Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:

He knows His children, and He will take care of them, always has, always will, He knows who is giving, and who is not, and it's no ones job to decide whether the other guy is living up to your standards.........

This is no indictment against anybody, it just is how it is. perhaps that will help you understand the seeming lack of participation.

Hogtamer
09-04-2017, 09:39 AM
The more I pray the less I post.

Preacher Jim
09-04-2017, 03:33 PM
I helped many places on disasters till the legs quit working. I could not go this time for many more health issues than I will list but my tools and dollars are going to help were i can not go.
I find the hardest part of being 74 is the mind wants to the body says sit down.
Ghost I know you and that you are praying hard for all these disasters. Know that time is short and Jesus is on the throne but he's coming back soon.

tinhorn97062
09-04-2017, 06:24 PM
I've got family and friends in Oregon who are dealing with fire, friends in texas with homes under water...believe me, there is response aplenty.

Preacher Jim
09-04-2017, 06:42 PM
Thanks tin horn as many you understand from personal experience. We got a lot of members affected across that area down south. Why we are trying to help.

tinhorn97062
09-04-2017, 07:56 PM
I'm well aware of the destruction to the Texas gulf, and mass flooding inland. I've been in constant co tact with friends in the area, and am trying to organize a trip to go help with some rebuild and cleanup. That said- many parts of Oregon (and likely other western states) are under mandatory evacuation orders, as wildfires burn relentlessly. Moral to this post? We need to be praying for our entire land, and not just a portion thereof. We need to be praying for all of our leaders, and not just the ones we like. I'm not going to go much further than that, as to not stray away from the point.

Another note: I believe Ghosthawk made mention, and I'll put my own twist on his words. Rather than just sit and pray, which is absolutely needed and not to be thought of as a lesser option, there's a simple truth that I've come to know. That truth is that God doesn't need our good works...but our neighbors do. If you have an ability to physically help, do so. If you have an ability to help financially, do so. Be led by the Spirit of God. Not everybody is able to grab a boat and go, and pick up a shovel and scoop. And there's nothing with that. Ask the Lord how you can help, and just do what He says.

I'm so greatly blessed to see so many people praying, giving, helping....it's just wonderful. Let's keep up the momentum and see it all through.

Preacher Jim
09-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Tin horn I pray the Lord protect you and all the volunteers who help. It will take an army of volunteers and support to get the supplies they need to help those folks.

aspangler
09-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Like Ghosthawk, I live on a fixed income. I can't get to Texas to help and have already donated to the relief effort here on three occasions. Texas is on my prayer list as well as the prayer list at church. I will continue to pray and send donations as I can.

Boaz
09-05-2017, 06:39 AM
I didn't comment on this thread yesterday and what I have to say is very short .
It is my belief we are guided by the Holy Spirit . I believe in the power of prayer . I also believe Satan exists and attacks when we are most weak .
I firmly believe good works will not get you to heaven , although there are many passages to this I would refer to James for simplicity .
I believe when we are called by the Holy Spirit to a work we are to respond .
I believe prayer is a blessing in it's self , A gift from GOD that we may always seek his intercession in our and others lives . I believe we are obligated and given by the mercy of GOD to use this gift to help others , there is power in prayer .

I will not spew scripture to vindicate my beliefs , I will not waste GOD's holy word to those who already know it and use it to serve themselves .

I asked that all my hurricane comments be taken down from the threads except the stickys at the top of the forum . If that is a victory to some then I give it to you . I am lead to try and help in this cause and will continue to do so regardless of stumbling blocks thrown in my path .

This is my only response and my only comment on this thread .

buckwheatpaul
09-05-2017, 07:33 AM
Like I have read several times.....for every post there are numerous that pray but dont post.....many help through their churches or through their charities....many pickup a hammer or in this case a boat and rescue......it just comes down to our priorities and what we can or can not do.....

jmort
09-05-2017, 08:23 AM
When I was young I read Paul's instruction to be in continual prayer. At the time I thought, about what?Clearly there are not enough hours in the day to properly and continually pray for everything and everyone in this information age. As I grew older, Paul's direction made sense. I never questioned it, but now I understand it. We cannot decide or dictate to others where or how or what to pray for. There is much going on in my little church that needs attention. The flood. Hungry children. The biggest problem, persecution of Christians around the world. And, don't forget the flood. We have friends and family that are dear to us. Let's not worry about what others post or do not post, just do our own part as directed by Paul. I guess I am saying, let us not harden our hearts towards others.

tinhorn97062
09-05-2017, 08:45 AM
When I was young I read Paul's instruction to be in continual prayer. At the time I thought, about what?Clearly there are not enough hours in the day to properly and continually pray for everything and everyone in this information age. As I grew older, Paul's direction made sense. I never questioned it, but now I understand it. We cannot decide or dictate to others where or how or what to pray for. There is much going on in my little church that needs attention. The flood. Hungry children. The biggest problem, persecution of Christians around the world. And, don't forget the flood. We have friends and family that are dear to us. Let's not worry about what others post or do not post, just do our own part as directed by Paul. I guess I am saying, let us not harden our hearts towards others.

I believe ya nailed it.

Thundarstick
09-05-2017, 10:32 AM
Personally, I spend more time reading and praying, than commenting. When you see 3 comments and 40 views why assume no one cares? I visit here every day, I just don't comment on every thread I read.

Preacher Jim
09-05-2017, 10:36 AM
I believe in putting my feet in gear with my prayers like most of you are saying. the Lord bless all of you.

Blackwater
09-07-2017, 06:07 PM
In my own case, I'm fighting another UTI, and on some strong antibiotics. They always make me lethargic and a bit sleepy, and throw my blood sugar all out of whack. Not pleasant, but I'm just glad we HAVE these things to clear things up!!! But even when I don't log on here, I think about and pray for all of you. God knows who's in need here, and I pray for them even if I can't name them myself. Not as pleasing, but sometimes my energy level is just too low to be here and be of any use. It's starting to get better, at least, and I thank God for that! As Preacher Jim has said elsewhere here, God is always in control and always WILL be in control, whether we recognize or appreciate that or not. Personally, I just thank God that He's in control, and NOT me! He's SO much smarter, more loving, consistent and knowledgeable than I am ..... well, you know, don't you?