PDA

View Full Version : Cast Boolit load resource?

crabo
08-04-2008, 01:20 AM
Is there a better one than the Lyman book? I would like something that shows approximent fps for different cast weights with different powders. I don't have a chrongraph yet, so I would like some good guestimates.

Thanks,

Boomer Mikey
08-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Quickload has most of the cast bullets as well as jacketed ones covered and just about all the powders too.

It's pricey but excellent; you will still need those load manuals to verify the program's projections.

One of the nicest features is the +/- chart that shows you the projections for a +/- 10% change in your load selection. The cartridge database is amazing.

I never thought I would be willing to spend $175 for a load program but it's well worth the asking price.

I purchased load on a Disk ($60.00) and found it useful but very limited as far as cast bullet load data was concerned with a limited powder data base. After playing with my shooting buddies copy of Quickload for 10 minutes it was a no-brainer to get this program.

Boomer :Fire:

mooman76
08-04-2008, 09:19 PM
The best I've seen is the Lyman for CBs. Lee has some data. I even bought the boom Pet Loads and I was disappointed that it didn't have that much data for CBs.