PDA

View Full Version : 23 Sept 2017 Anyone Following This?

jonp
08-24-2017, 07:38 PM
I was wondering if anyone was following this topic. My dental hygienist brought this up during a visit this week and I had not heard of it.

https://answersingenesis.org/astronomy/stars/what-will-happen-september-23-2017/

http://www.vofoundation.org/blog/biblical-signs-sky-september-23-2017/

Boaz
08-24-2017, 08:02 PM
Your dental hygienist needs to read the bible more and come up for air from surfin the net on their phone too much .

Boaz
08-24-2017, 08:07 PM
From my last comment while drinking a Dr Pepper it took one search in a couple of min to find this .

https://www.quora.com/Is-NASA-ready-to-confront-an-alien-space-invasion

Boaz
08-24-2017, 08:11 PM
He will come a thief in the night ...........That you can believe .

Pine Baron
08-24-2017, 08:59 PM
jonp, Hale Bop (sp?) comet comes to mind.

jonp
08-25-2017, 03:45 AM
Yes, I'm not too worried about it. I just found it interesting and usually stuff like this is better known. I'd never heard of it till now

claude
08-25-2017, 08:37 AM
Some folks like to hang out on Mars Hill and hear "new things". ..."be ye not troubled"...

Electric88
08-25-2017, 08:47 AM
I'd read the Answers in Genesis article previously. Sounds like the hygienist should have paid attention to the end of it where the conclusion was "Probably nothing unusual".

WebMonkey
08-25-2017, 10:07 AM
^+1
Answers in genesis is good stuff.
Some detractors forget they have bible believing scientists whose curriculum vitae are on par with secular believing.

;)

aspangler
08-25-2017, 10:25 AM
What most don't think about is that Rev.12:1-2 happens after the rapture of the church and during the Tribulation period. Don't think Christ has called us out yet. Rev 4: 1 "Come up hither". Looking for that call with hope and longing.

Electric88
08-25-2017, 10:33 AM
In before this thread turns into a rapture debate thread :kidding:

Greg G.
08-25-2017, 12:25 PM
All I know is on that day my wife has put up with me for 40 years.

Blackwater
08-25-2017, 05:14 PM
In a world where so many, many are searching for something - ANYTHING, practically - to believe in ..... well, it's amazing what some folks will imagine and accept as "gospel!" I quit trying to understand prophesy some time ago now. I'm just not good at it, and I figure if I just try to keep myself better aligned with what Christ told us to do and be like, I'll fare OK no matter what happens. It's really not necessary to know what tomorrow holds in store for us. Only what we DO TODAY really matters, but that matters a LOT! Have we studied to show ourselves approved? Have we witnessed when the opportunity arose? Have we provided a good, workable "model" of a Christian that people can learn from and be inspired by? THESE are the things that matter to me. The Lord will take care of our futures if we just handle our todays, I believe. Yeah, I'm as curious as anyone what tomorrow will bring. But I'm not nearly as focused on it as I once was. I spend very little time now worrying about/thinking of tomorrow. It's said that "yesterday's dead, and tomorrow's but a dream." I guess that's so, as far as I can see it. I know there's a future, but don't know how long it is, or what's in it. I just trust God to take care of that for me. He's been SO good to me so far, how can I do anything else?

claude
08-25-2017, 09:14 PM
What most don't think about is that Rev.12:1-2 happens after.....
I think you will find those events have already happened, long ago. The woman being mother Israel, and the child being Christ. But then that is a discussion for a different time and place.

JBinMN
08-25-2017, 10:46 PM
Live each day trying to be a better person than the day before. Trust in your lord & he shall provide. ( whatever lord ya honor).

I am not going to worry about prophesies & predictions. The day my number gets called, it gets called. Not a thing "I" can do about it.

so... Don't sweat it... gives ya grey hairs & such. Just keep trying to be a better person..
;)

jonp
08-27-2017, 07:37 AM
All I know is on that day my wife has put up with me for 40 years.

I don't call that much rapture :(

jonp
08-27-2017, 07:38 AM
It seems to me that God will not give several years warning, it will be a little more unexpected and sudden.