PDA

View Full Version : Does someone check all posts before they are put on site?

Oily
08-19-2017, 01:27 AM
Title too long but are all posts checked by someone before they are put on site? If so they need a raise as this could be a difficult job as i have posted several times and have included a curse word inadvertently and the post was corrected before adding to sight. Cudos to whoever does this.

DougGuy
08-19-2017, 01:29 AM
The wordfilter in the forum software does it.

Bazoo
08-19-2017, 02:17 AM
Anytime I've put in a word that was *'d out, I went back and corrected it with a word that was no blocked.

No_1
08-19-2017, 04:07 AM
The wordfilter in the forum software does it.

This is correct.

Oily
08-19-2017, 04:38 AM
Thanks I am a hunt and peck typer and sometimes I can't even follow my post. I appreciate all the work that the mods and our money for the site do. I am sorry that I can't donate now but will donate later if that is allowed. Oilfield Trash also known as Oily

Grmps
08-19-2017, 04:43 AM
The word filter checks for inappropriate words, there are moderators who read every post checking for content that goes against CB policies.
The MODs keep the site clean and family friendly

waksupi
08-19-2017, 10:20 AM
The word filter checks for inappropriate words, there are moderators who read every post checking for content that goes against CB policies.
The MODs keep the site clean and family friendly

No way does staff check every post. There are too many in a day! Most violations are reported by other members who want to help keep the board civil.
There are some people from past actions who will have some extra attention paid to them, but if you are a responsible member, you probably don't get a second look.

runfiverun
08-19-2017, 01:25 PM
during the busy times of the year I would quite often spend about 4 hrs a day on the site.
mostly cause I was interested in the content.
but even then I rarely removed or changed anything [unless it was a direct rule violation, or just stupid and pointless mano et mano stuff]
or a civil war thread.

the credit goes to the membership.

Nueces
08-19-2017, 02:35 PM
I allus check my own posts afore sendin', you know, for spellin' and sech.

Wayne Smith
08-19-2017, 07:21 PM
I've been here since March of '05 and have only had one occasion to deal with a problem - and that was not mine. Keep it calm and thoughtful and you too will have none.