PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal mold question

gobbles23
08-18-2017, 09:02 PM
I just got my arsenal mold in for 9mm powdercoating and after dropping several boolits I started having issues with the sprue plate screw. As I knocked off the sprue, and the plate opened up, the screw holding the sprue plate would loosen and as I closed the sprue plate it would tighten up on its own too much not allowing the sprue plate to shut all the way. The whole time after that the plate was too loose or too tight.

Would blue locktite be a cure for this or is it not recommended? Great mold othen than this issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Charliemac
08-18-2017, 09:19 PM
Call or email the maker and ask them what to do?

DonMountain
08-18-2017, 10:07 PM
Did you tighten the set screw that holds the sprue plate hold-down screw locked in place once you set it for the heat you run your lead at?

Oklahoma Rebel
08-18-2017, 10:27 PM
lol, I didn't know my noe mold had one of those for a while! lol

gobbles23
08-18-2017, 10:50 PM
Did you tighten the set screw that holds the sprue plate hold-down screw locked in place once you set it for the heat you run your lead at?I did not see that. That would probably do it. Thank you everybody for the replies. I was too excited once I opened it up, I just cleaned it, lubed it, and started casting

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

runfiverun
08-19-2017, 02:09 PM
that set screw is a life saver.
almost every LEE mold gets one added sooner or later.
I think they would be better served adding one at the factory and charging another dollar.