PDA

View Full Version : Do you sow ?

Boaz
08-14-2017, 08:10 PM
Our bible speaks much of spreading GOD's word , the gospel . The ..Good News ! The story of Christ , the son of GOD come to prepare us for eternal life through him and the reward of eternal salvation through his sacrifice to pay our debit . Sowing of the word of Christ is mentioned much in our bible , the sower casts seed where he hopes it will grow never knowing if it will . But he does his job and hopes to see the fruit of his labor at a time . Are you sowing the word of GOD ?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2712/4477057628_af0eab89e8_z.jpg?zz=1

GhostHawk
08-14-2017, 09:46 PM
Some days more than others. Some weeks I get discouraged.
Some times I think the ground is not ready.

Then HE gives me a nudge. Reminds me that he knows when it will rain, and what ground the seeds will fall upon. And he reminds me that I do not need a bumper crop on 1,000's of acres to survive. I just need a few. So I sow my seeds where I can. As do you charlie. As do many here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u67Lb1RyXTU

Boaz
08-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Thank you for your testimony ! Great song , sang it every Sunday in church as a kid and still love it !

Blackwater
08-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Everybody sows. Everybody! Now WHAT we sow varies, of course, but we all sow, nevertheless. If we sow good, good returns to us. If we sow evil, evil will also return to us. A lot of folks sow what I'll call "nothingness" here - neither "good" nor "bad" in the minds of most folks. But what it amounts to is nothingness. Neither helpful nor actively tempting. Just meaningless jabber. And the absence of good can only wind up, at some point, really turning evil! And herein lies one of the great "secrets" in life: Wasted time and energy always wind up going "bad" on us. Always. Just a smile and some seemingly innocuous platitude can make a difference in shaping another's attitude for that day. It really CAN oftentimes be the "little things" that make a lot of difference in the lives of those we meet, encounter and associate with. We need to sow GOOD things, even if they seem like tiny little things at the time. We often don't get to see the little "seeds" we plant grow to fruition. But they do. And when they grow to fruition, they can lead others toward the Light, or toward the Darkness. We need to be eternally vigilant about our influence, even in the most seemingly minor things in life. We assume they're "little things," but to someone else, it may be enough to change their whole day, and maybe even their attitudes, and perceptions. "From little acorns, mighty oaks grow!" May God keep us humble enough to keep that in the forefront of our minds and hearts.