PDA

View Full Version : Ya never know!

tomf52
11-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Been riding by a local SMALL auto repair shop right near the home for a while now, all the time thinking"sometime I should stop and see if he has any wheel weights". Came out with 5 5gal pails for $4.00 a pail! Good thing I didn't do it at night, with the weight of the 5 pails on the back of my little Ford Ranger my headlights woud have been shining into the stars. Guess you never know where you're going to get lucky with the lead.

SharpsShooter
11-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Someone here on the board once said a 5 gal bucket of WW weighed 200+ pounds. If thats the case, your headlights would have been like anti aircraft spotlights. Nice haul. Now it's time for a good smelting session.

Buckshot
11-14-2005, 10:44 PM
............Hey Tom, can ya spare me a bucket?:D So far my big WW expectations haven't turned out so super with this one place. I guess they don't like beer, cause it was a 12 pack per bucket.

...........Buckshot

RayinNH
11-14-2005, 11:02 PM
I put a tape measure to the empty space in a five gallon metal bucket of weights, then weighed it. Worked out to 12 pounds per inch (for the weights, not the empty space) :p...Ray

Willbird
11-15-2005, 07:28 AM
The heaviest bucket I have gotten to date was 175 lbs, and that had quite a few 16 OUNCE truck weights in it.

Bill

Nazgul
11-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Brought home a 5 gal bucket of truck weights yesterday. Paid $20 for it, I know that is high but got 5 buckets last month from the same guy at the tire store free. Figured I would "grease the skids" for the future.

Didin't really need them , have 1/2 of a 55gallon drum left. Just couldn't resist.