PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Ruger No 3 factory bases

Rich/WIS
08-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Know its a long shot but hoping to find a set for my No 3. Have Weavers on it now but would prefer the OEM bases.

Eldon
08-09-2017, 11:12 PM
Never heard they were ever made. You mean to use Ruger rings ? Never seen a set. Fitted the Gunsmith Leupolds to my No. 3s (takes a mill)

Rich/WIS
08-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Ruger made them, had a set on another No 3 I had years ago. Bought them direct from Ruger along with the rings. Have a set of Ruger rings but Ruger no longer supports the No 3 and have none in stock (called Ruger customer service).

Drm50
08-10-2017, 10:22 AM
Ruger made them, had a set on another No 3 I had years ago. Bought them direct from Ruger along with the rings. Have a set of Ruger rings but Ruger no longer supports the No 3 and have none in stock (called Ruger customer service).

I'm in same boat as you, I've got 5 number #3s and only have Ruger bases on a 223 that I bought
new when first out. I have been looking actively for several years, haven't even seen a set, most
don't know they existed. I've got box, docs from my 223, the bases are listed on the parts sheet.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-10-2017, 12:56 PM
I have weaver mounts on my two Ruger #3 rifles.
I have had my eye out, looking for OEM bases ever since I acquired the first Rifle, about 7 years ago, and never seen any for sale.

more info:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?310996-Ruger-3-scope-mt-question