PDA

View Full Version : AUCTION (50% to site): NOS replacement bulb for vintage Oxford Illuminated Gun Sight

gunwonk
08-09-2017, 01:28 AM
The Oxford Sight was one of the first, if not "the" first, optical reflex gun sight for hand held firearms. (Google knows the story.) It used 2 AA batteries to light up a small incandescent bulb for the aiming point. This is an original spare light bulb.
If you Google image search for "Oxford Illuminated Gun Sight", you can see the red base of this bulb on top of the sighting tube, near the shooter end. The assembly screws in upside down, so the lit-up end is inside and the red part sticks out.

I don't have the sight any more. I ordered this bulb as a spare, way back when. It's never been installed. And it still works.

I'll take bids for about a week, until Tuesday August 15th, 12:00 midnight Eastern time. US only, please. Bids welcome from Alaska and Hawaii, of course.

I'd like the winner to send 50% to the site (Willy Snyder), and 50% to me. I'll cover shipping. If no bids, I'll send Willy a few bucks anyway. :)

How about $1 to start?

gunwonk
08-12-2017, 12:19 AM
Okay, it was a long shot. :)

Weekend bump. Ends Tuesday, 12 midnight Eastern time.

gunwonk
08-16-2017, 12:05 AM
Closed. And a few bucks to Willy Snyder, in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks for looking, everyone. :)