PDA

View Full Version : Got help for uploading pictures on the forum

retread
08-06-2017, 01:20 AM
Tonight a very helpful friend walked me through uploading pictures on the forum. About a year ago I was no longer able to upload picture as I had done in the past. I could not figure out why. Frustrating to say the least.

Here is what he showed me to do: First I had to open Internet Explorer, go to "tools", hit the advanced tab, scroll down to the security section and uncheck SSL 2.0.
Next I created a new folder on my Desktop and copied and pasted the photos I wanted to upload to that folder. After I had the files in that desktop folder I opened each file with the Paint program and resized to 50, then I opened the "Post New Thread" on my selected forum, Scrolled down to "Manage Attachments" and a window popped up and then I pressed to add file button and browsed to my desktop file I had created and selected one of the files and hit upload. Wow, it worked!

Thanks you friend, I hope others having problems like mine will benefit from this.

BrassMagnet
08-06-2017, 09:27 AM
For clarification, ensure SSL 2.0 is unchecked and ensure a check for SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2.

Grmps
09-15-2017, 07:45 PM
This is a very easy way to upload pictures,
Go to imgur.com
create an account
simply drag the pictures from your computer and drop them in imgur
select (click on) the picture
go to "Linked BBCode (message boards)", (click on) [copy] then paste it in the body of your post